I want to thank,,

by Survivor2004 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

I would like to thank William Powell,jgnat,Rabbit and Shera for making me feel welcome my first day here and not jumping to any paranoid conclusions because I have lurked here for a while and had to change my old alias because for some reason it would not log in.LOL.( I got some very strange responses my first day here)

I was also the laugh of the place for a few people here because I ACCIDENTALLY resurrected a very old post (couldnt see the itty bitty tiny numbers of the date)I guess they did not notice (except for one) that I was a newbie and I am getting use to the features here.I guess they forgot what its like to be new.

I see some good folks and conversations here and I think I,ll stick around.

Again thanks for the welcome you guys/gals!.

Ann

*Love what you do and you,ll never work another day in your life*

• Valis
    Valis

good for you Survivor...stick around and enjoy. Actually we like it when people ressurect old threads that make Simon cringe...eheheh Validates our existence and all that!...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Special K
    Special K

Hi survivor2004

When I first joined it took me a while to figure how to work everything on here.

Welcome to the JWD forum and hope to read more of your posts.

all the best to you Ann

Special K

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Thanks Valis.

Comments like psst,cmere check out the date on this post,why do people do this and most times its a disgruntled poster(WAY OFF) is just meant to publicly embarrass the new poster.It makes some people happy to do that.

I,ll tell you one thing about me,I can be very outspoken and Im known for my brutal honesty but I will never engage in futile fights because no one wins and I wont ever put anyone down.I may not agree with your opinion(s) but I,ll fight for your right to express it!(Unlike JW,s,LOL)

I,ve bee on forums for three years (not JW related) I even moderate for a couple and I,ve seen the good,bad and the ugly.I have just learned to ignore the negative,paranoid,attacks and digs.The good far outweighs the bad.I,ve made more online friends than I can count and we talk by phone,I,ve even taken flights (and visa versa) to meet them.The Internet if full of good folks.The good way outweighs the bad.

Thanks again Valis

Ann

*Do what you love and you,ll never work another day in your life*

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Thank you SpecialK

Ann

*Do what you love and you,ll never work another day in your life.*

• Sassy
    Sassy

hey Ann..I have to admit, your resurrecting that thread had me wondering too...........but if all of those fine people can vouch for you.....then .......WELCOME....

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Thanks Sassy but I dont understand WHY resurrecting an old post makes everyone so suspicious and the poster the target of ridicule.

Why does it make you wonder?

I dont understand,really.

In our other forum where I moderate sometimes someone will resurrect and old (but VERY good) post and people THANK them.

Here it seems taboo.LOL

I dont get it,plus mine was a mistake anyway,I dont make it a HABIT of resurrecting old posts. ON the contrary,I want the LATEST gossip,LOL

Ann

*Do what you love and you,ll never work another day in your life*

• Sassy
    Sassy

it was more on the subject you resurrected than anything Ann.......there have been people who are less than friendly with this board that try to make claims about privacy being invaded here.. which as you know as a mod on another board (I am too), even if you could, who has time for, or cares to do any way??

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Welcome Survivor! You go ahead and resurrect any thread you want.

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Thanks Stinkypants.

While Im still learning the features of this place(obviously) I am having problems with a couple of things and for the life of me I cant figure out how to do it.This forum is WAY different than the ones I participate in.

1#-How do you get notified when someone replies to your post so I dont have to keep checking?

2# I still CANNOT see any of my threads,they do not show up in the active topics section or friends section(where I,ve posted) I have to click on my profile and click on my post history and topic history to see my threads and who responded to my posts.Its driving me nuts,LOL

Help! lol

Thanks

Ann

*Love what you do and you,ll never work another day in your life*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit