WT Sep 1 tribute to JWD and Silent Lambs

by ezekiel3 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Actually they are saying the media is a victim of faulty sources.

Anyway you can read the words on the page like I do our you can look for encrypted messages in the tea leaves. I prefer looking for what they actually print. This article is stupid.

It goes out of its way to defend its self against strawmen and never addresses any of the issues. It gets so enamored by this technique it makes pro-stawman for the JWs then nocks them down. It is obvious the article was written by some commitee that had intellectual integrity. THey new the truth so instead of just lying whole souled they had to attack things that is not even a problem such as sponsoring church vandalism. JW children have ritualisticaly murdered their parents. The watchtower could have easily put "In another one, a report accused Witnesses of vandalizing churches [ritual murders]"

Then they make broad generalizations straight from WT legal.

It is unwise to believe everything presented as truth in the media. While we certainly do not distrust all secular information, we do recognize that ?the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.? ? 1 John 5:19

In other words JWs trust most information that is not writen by arguably mythical creatures namely Satan the Devil. That is a great statement. Much like their take on childmolestation it is easier to blame demons for the emotional distress than real people for miss handling the problem. Why because the devil and his demons can't sue your A* for defamation, and it keeps them from having to comment on what happens in the real world which they may expose liability for.

They should have never had printed this article because it does not make any real arguments. Infact it may get some JWs to look up the hypothetical reports mentioned.

• Pole
    Pole

XQsThaiPoes,

They should have never had printed this article because it does not make any real arguments.

How many Watchtower articles should never have been printed because they make no real arguments?

They generally avoid making real arguments about tricky issues. They rely heavily on lack of information if only possible. Outside English speaking countries little is known about the criticism made about the child-molestation policy or UN engagement.

So imagine they try to address some of these issues specifically in the Watchtower which is translated into XXX laguages and distributed to millions of non-Witnesses monthly. This would actually give those in the dark a chance to hear about their problems for the very first time.

Infact it may get some JWs to look up the hypothetical reports mentioned.

It won't. It's too general, diluted and it puts one off doing further research. It's actually little piece of art in terms of evasion and manipulative information. For the average witness of course who has always depended on WTS sources primarily.

Notice how they get specific about the accusations that "the Witnesses supported Hitler?s regime during World War II". They give the readers a glimpse of what they expect, suggesting that those accusations are absurd and tell them to avoid it anyway.

I would say something opposite - if the article had been written in the way you suggested (real arguments, etc,) - it would certainly have made some witnesses look up further information.

Pole

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Out of my 1,200 post here at JWD this is my most heartfelt.Please allow me to post this here.

There is something bugging me BIG time.How can it be that they act the same everywhere?Across the world,in all time zones,cultures and ages.They all behave the same!

This is very scary to me.If the source of deception is centralized,i.e. from a demonic source(satan). Then the inverse must be true and there really is a God!

A Study of the Persuasion Techniques Used by Jehovah?s Witnesses and the Watchtower-----------------

-Lifton?s Criteria for Thought Reform

-Milieu Control -Mystical Manipulation -Loading the Language -Doctrine over Person
    -The Sacred Science
    -The Cult of Confession
    -The Demand for Purity-The Dispensing of Existence-Hassan?s Criteria for Mind Control Behavior Control
    -Information Control
    -Thought Control
    -Emotional Control-Conclusion
    -Propaganda
    -Cognitive Dissonance Doctrine over Person Plays like this here we go ....

{{{{{ The belief of the group?s ideology is all-important, whether it aligns with reality and experience or not (Hassan & Das, n.d.). Anyone who questions the organisation?s beliefs is made to feel wrong for having done so, often having their questions used to judge their motives, character or integrity (CDC, n.d.). The person?s value to the group is dependent on their conformity to the group?s ideals (Watters, n.d.[c]). The organisation?s ultimate directive is to clone the members of the group, rather than encourage individual expressiveness, identity formation or independent thinking (ibid). The person?s thoughts or past and present experiences that do not align with doctrine must be reshaped, rewritten or denied (ibid). BELOW is what we run into on the world wide web. A classic example of a Jehovah's Witness apologist using:"doctrine over person". Doctrine over person aka:Jehovah's Witnesses are the one true religion and that is that... Starting with my original post below at the Joplin Missouri Independent newspaper forum:

"Wolves in sheep's clothing"2004-07-26 11:03:24haszard

The Watchtower is death and destruction.A "good" Jehovah's Witness is to me what a "good" Nazi is to a Jewish Holocaust survivor. [Example of culpability] If I was to go off and premeditate the murder of an 80 year old terminally ill cancer victim,who was going to die in 3 months anyway....I would be prosecuted for a capital murder offense would I not?...I would be guilty as charged whether my victim is young and healthy or elderly and very near death.Murder is murder.The evil Watchtower cult is blood-guilty in the premature deaths of MILLIONS of followers.......My own Uncle as one example of MILLIONS,he neglected caring for his health care,( diabetes) because Armageddon and the Watchtower paradise was always,'just around the corner..... The evil murderous Watchtower cult.................................}}}

Now the reply from 'redbank' below the Jehovah's Witness apologist who in classic form denies he is a JW (in an earlier post) but is strenuously supportive of them,curious indeed...

I apologize for my earlier remarks2004-07-29 10:10:19redbank

I apologize for my critical remarks about you. I thought you were simply a bitter person. I didn?t understand what was driving this irrational hate until now?.As I mentioned I work in healthcare and among other things I do 'needs assessments" for patients and their families. I am assigned to work with what is called the Ethics Committee. When a patient is very, sick and possibly dying we get involved to assist grieving family members helping them face the issues. We often see individuals who are conflicted and acting out in aggressive behavior. Let me explain via typical scenario: Mom is in the late stage of heart failure. She will die within the next few days. She has been dying for many months but was able to be at home with a live in attendant. The attendant who is a family member goes to the store ?as usual- and when she returns Mom is on the floor and her breathing is labored. The family member panics and calls Uncle Bob who tells her to hang up and call 911. The paramedics rush mom to the hospital where she is placed in Cardiac Critical Care. Her Cardiologist who knows the case well comes to her bedside. Mom is unconscious and because she had a ?Do not Resuscitate? order in her Advance Directives she is only being given oxygen. The Cardiologist says there is nothing he can do to intervene in this case, but Mom will be made comfortable. He tells the family that so much of her heart muscle is gone that she simply can not last much longer. He suggests that the family meet with the Ethics Committee? In the conference room there are fifteen family members, the majority of the family are adjusting appropriately to the fact that their loved one will soon die. After all this has been developing for many, many months. But one family member is ?acting out?. She is blaming the family member who was living with Mom for being negligent by going to the store (as she had been doing out of necessity since moving in with mom) not getting mom to the hospital sooner, not calling 911 before calling Uncle Bob (using an extra90 seconds of time). She is blaming the hospital for not doing more to save their beloved parent. She is questioning whether the Paramedics did the right thing or drove fast enough. She is threatening to sue the Doctor, the Hospital, the Family member etc?..Do you think she is acting rationally? No one else is ranting. Why is she acting this way? Well the reasons vary but one thing is always true--- THE CONFLICT ALWAYS COMES FROM WITHIN THE PERSON, and left unresolved these conflicts can do UNTOLD DAMAGE TO THAT PERSON AND THOSE AROUND HER! I suggest your putting ?all? Jehovah?s Witnesses in the category of Nazi?s is paranoid -- Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others?The fact that your paranoia is wrapped around some facts doesn?t make it any better and in fact can make it much more difficult for you to get over. Please seek counseling. You can go to the Emergency room of any large hospital to start the healing. Updated: 2004-07-29 10:11:17

Below, Haszard's ( Undaunted Danny's) reply to above response from redbank;

.1% of world's population2004-07-30 17:18:30haszard

A Study of the Persuasion Techniques Used by Jehovah?s Witnesses and the Watchtower----------------- -Lifton?s Criteria for Thought Reform:::: -Milieu Control -Mystical Manipulation -Loading the Language -Doctrine over Person -The Sacred Science -The Cult of Confession -The Demand for Purity -The Dispensing of Existence -Hassan?s Criteria for Mind Control Behaviour Control------- -Information Control -Thought Control -Emotional Control -Propaganda -Cognitive Dissonance DOCTRINE OVER PERSON LET'S EXAMINE ______________ {{{{{ The belief of the group?s ideology is all-important, whether it aligns with reality and experience or not (Hassan & Das, n.d.). Anyone who questions the organisation?s beliefs is made to feel wrong for having done so, often having their questions used to judge their motives, character or integrity (CDC, n.d.). The person?s value to the group is dependent on their conformity to the group?s ideals (Watters, n.d.[c]). The organisation?s ultimate directive is to clone the members of the group, rather than encourage individual expressiveness, identity formation or independent thinking (ibid). >>>>>>>>>>>>The person?s thoughts or past and present experiences that do not align with doctrine must be reshaped, rewritten or denied Updated: 2004-07-30 06:53:44

What is truly shocking to me is how Jehovah's Witnesses from all parts of the world and of differing generations and cultures act EXACTLY the same! The obnoxious 'deflection' mealy mouthing protocol that they use is the same everywhere.How can this be unless the 'programmer' is the same also? My own devout JW Jezebel maternal grandmother as an example.This women could not be reasoned with.We had a saying about her:"that you couldn't drive your side of the story in edgewise with a sledge hammer". Question: Who is the 'programmer'?

• minimus
    minimus

Danny, I apreciate your posts. Can I make a little suggestion?? Why not put less information everytime you make a post. Many people might not read everything because you post soooo much.....BTW, I'm glad you're here!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Roger that Red dot.Your's is the 2nd constructive criticism,in the last 24 hours.

I'll take all the help I can get.That's because I am the opposite (I repelled) of the Jdub PSYCHOPATHS who raised me.I make change my best friend.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    While we certainly do not distrust all secular information, we do recognize that ?the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.?

The CrapTower Bable and Trick Society, Inc. just can't mend their ways...they'll always blame the exterior world and implant some more paranoia in the process.

Freaking cult.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Thanks everyone for your comments. Though I wanted the board to dissect this, I didn''t think Danny would bring his scalpel instead of the chainsaw (very touching Danny).

THE STANDARD JW RESPONSE TO THIS ARTICLE IS: "This just goes to show that the Society is on top of things and protecting us." In essence: "I'll go back to eating my grass now."

By throwing out general hints and major problems WTBTS is embroiled in, the R&F allow themselves to be soothed. The prescription is literally "put your head back in the sand and everything will be ok."

The only way the WT gets away with such a thin veneer of cover in this article is because the JWs who read it are trained to swallow it down. I can predict that the WT study on this article will amplify to a rally in the congregations against the "evil slave" and be held up as a concrete example of Satan's direct attacks.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I typed in "psycho sheep" into my search engine, and this is one of the things that came up -- had to share:

alt
    When the Revolution Came ...
    by Anglo-Norman 16 June 2004

sheepRegular contributor Anglo-Norman writes about a woolly revolution on the Fantasy Archers topic of The Archers message board. Pic: Marieke Huijbers

It began like a normal day. The sun was shining, the tea was brewing, the strawberries were ripening. It quickly went downhill from there. From the treeline, Wool the Sheep narrowed his eyes as he watched David Archer walk across the field.

"There he is" he said. "There's the one who took our children!"

"Look at him!" snarled Mrs Knit. "Wicked man!"

There was a chorus of bleats in assent at Mrs Knit's comments.

"What are we waiting for then?" yelled Wool. "Down with the tyrants! Charge!"

David looked around at the sudden loud bleating. From the trees a great mass of sheep came hurtling towards him, the vast woolly tidal wave washing over the fields.

"What are you doing?" cried David. "No! Stop!" He turned and began to run, lolloping in his heavy mud-encrusted Wellingtons over the uneven turf.

"Help! Ruth! The sheep have gone mad!" He ran towards the farm. If he could get inside ...! Then his foot caught a stone, he staggered and fell.

"No!"

The Flock rolled over him. When it moved on, there was no sign of David, save a single ravaged wellie.

The Flock advanced on the village. They stormed the stables. Alistair made a bid for freedom but was hunted down and cornered in a loose box.

"Stick you hand up my bottom, would you?!" bellowed Mrs Pearl - normally so respectable - as she advanced on the helpless vet, gnashing her teeth. Some of the Flock broke off and overran the Vicarage. Their blood up, they were looking for any excuse to revenge themselves. Two of them chased Amy up the stairs.

"Vegetarian, hey? Not good enough for you, hey?" they roared as they closed in.

More sheep flooded into the grounds of Home Farm and chased Adam into the strawberry tunnels, with cries of "You and that Irishman in the lambing sheds, in front of the lambs? Shame! Shame on you!"

Meanwhile Jenny was trapped on the kitchen table, throwing vegetables to placate some ovines who had been enraged by her cardigan.

Others had invaded Ambridge Hall, eating the Shakespeare-themed Garden, encouraging Wolfgang and Constanza to "throw off your chains" and demanding of a terrified Lynda (who, of course, understood not one word of their bleating and thus angered them further by seemingly refusing to answer) what was wrong with good old sheep's wool?

Through Ambridge the Flock flocked, breaking into houses, stealing stamps from the post office, trampling the Tea into the ground. Some got into The Bull, only to be punched and then - as it was later reported - "bahhhed" by the landlord who had an irrational prejudice against sheep.

Meanwhile Wool led a force of élite rams against Grey Gables. Ian was cornered by two cheviots snarling "Mint Sauce? We'll give you Mint Sauce!" As they moved in on him, Jack and Peggy came in.

"Ian, what's going on?" said Jack. "I don't remember employing these people."

"Mr Woolley! Mrs Woolley! Help! The kitchen's been invaded by psycho sheep!"

The Woollys, two of the oldest sheep in the Flock, turned and looked narrowly at the owners of Grey Gables.

"Imposters!" yelled Mr Woolly.

"Get them!" screamed Mrs Woolly, and the pair came roaring at Jack and Peggy ...

Wool the Sheep opened his eyes and blinked in the early morning light. He smiled. A dream. Nothing more. He rose, and walked to a ridge, thinking over what had run through his mind in the night. He stood on the crest, and looked down at Ambridge. It looked peaceful, idyllic.

Yes. Things were better, since the revolution had come, he thought, and reflected that last night had not been so much a dream as ... now what was the word? Ah, yes! A memory.

Do you think Ted Jaracz ever has nightmares like that?

Nina (of the Psycho Sheep class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit