JW SINGLES site shut down due to GUILT!

by Survivor2004 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Hi Syn.

Thanks for the welcome and your brutal honesty. :)

Ann

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

JWS:

She said she was new here in one post, but earlier said she was lurking here for 2 years and that only the alias is new. It has a bearing. Because she was not new, I was assuming she was somewhat anti-JW, as most are on this board. If so, I was wondering why an anti-JW person would want to go on a JW singles board to meet other JWs. If she were completely new, I wouldn't have any hints as to what her feelings towards JWs were.

Again...I fail to see the reasoning behind some of your points. I 'lurked' for a few months -- so what ? Probably...a lot of people do. Why ? You ought to know...they may be scared of the WT, they may still be on the road 'out', they may have relatives and friends they may not want to lose...etc, etc...eh ?

I simply think you are 'assuming' too much...and are missing the real point: She IS here ! She could be disfellowshipped for "associating with us unclean Apostates". That's a purdy big damn step ! Congratulate her and anyone else here... even if you think they are 'still loyal' to the WT, cause if they are HERE -- they have already crossed a very definitive "line in the sand."

If they do come to do battle here...they will get their wish ! Even in doing that, they are being disloyal to the WT laws and edicts for even coming here ! I believe those types have their JW doubts and come here for a debate, because it helps THEM to get another viewpoint to HELP THEMSELVES prove or disprove in their own minds -- what they really believe. More power to 'em !

Survivor is doing what she must and can do...right now. We, imo, should give her that time and support.

• Balsam
    Balsam

The WTS does not encourage marriage anyway, having families either. They think that everyone should remain single dedicate themselves to pioneering and have no kind of life outside of meetings & service. It is not necessary to be happy it is important to slave for them (faithful discreet slave). So they have no interesting or pride when young men like Brian try to do something good, by allowing JW's across the world find other singles they can partner up with. Frankly I thought that was a nice idea for those active JW to find like minded folks to get to know in order to marry one day.

So many of the congregations are just totaly devoid of other singles young people. Even the mature ones that have been through divorce or a death of their spouse wanted to find someone they could be happy with. What is wrong with JW's seeking a little happiness in marriage. People are not drones though the Watchtower Society wants to make them such. It is just abnormal.

I have an ex-sister in law who waited till she was 42 years old before she ever married because she could not find a mate that suited her. Yes a virgin all those years, because she wanted to please Jehovah. I often felt sorry.

Sure way to kill out the religion is to stop people from marrying and having children. Perhaps they should take some lessons on this from the Mormons, they have as many kids as possible and now they are neary 10 million of them through out the world. Of course few converts, but many are born into it.

Wonder if anything will change when those old farts called the Governing boy or faithful and discreet slave die off?

Balsam

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Hi again Rabbit.

Thanks.

Yes many people lurk ,whats the big deal? And when I tried to use my old alias(Survivor1) it would not work so I had to register again.

Whats the big deal?

I see someone making something out of NOTHING and its a complete waste of typing time and space.

Overly active Suspicious mind.

Also you are dead on the money!

Many are here who do not want to lose contact with their family members! Doesnt this person here REALIZE that?

Also,inactive ones like me can be disfellowshiped for being here.I dont want to give them that benefit!!!

I have also seen other inacitve ones here,I,ve seen inactive ones,ACTIVE ones,disfellowshipped ones,dissasociated ones,fence sitters,curious ones,etc,,.Everyone here is here for their own reasons and going through their own garbage in their own way.I have actually found ex-jw,s WAY more supportive than JW,s who,s friendships are 100% CONDITIONAL! With JW,s its either black or white.Your wrong or right.Your for Jehovah or Satan.They never even consider that maybe you fell away cause you just couldnt handle the load any more and the BURDEN was more than you could take adspecially when your on your own.Heck I had virtually no friends there at all,the ones I did have were too busy with their FAMILIES and PIONEERING.I was not allowed worldly friends so what does a single person do? Crawl in a hole and DIE? Go mentally insane from no human relationships,conversations,confidences etc,,?Im a people person! Im very social and friendly,I use to go to get togethers at work and I was always looked down on for doing that.I had to have some PEOPLE in my life! LOL Im a very independent,strong person who loves space BUT I also like a active social life and I like to go out and do things.I suffered more lonliness in the truth than in ANY stage of my life!.Im way older and mature for my years because of all that I have been though.No one was ever there for me,just to talk to.

Anyway sorry for rambling.

Have a great day all

Ann

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

• jgnat
    jgnat

Balsam, I wonder if the WTS really wishes all JW's would remain single. If all followed their advice, the WTS would lose most of their baptisms today. Can anybody spell D E C R E A S E ? Rather, I think the WTS hopes people will go off and have normal lives, get married, have children, get a decent job, buy a home....

BUT

They must feel guilty about it. Married? Not putting Kingdom Interests first. Children? Why bother, with Armageddon around the corner? Decent job, nice home? M A T E R I A L I S M. Feel guilty for having natural instincts. Aren't we so happy, brothers and sisters, for Jehovah's provision for us? Aren't we the happiest doing His work? Now get back on those streets and sell more magazines!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Ann,

Anyway sorry for rambling.

You have nothing to apologize about, lol, all I do IS ramble.

• JT
    JT

I happen to know both the "M" and the "P" in MP Technologies. "P" was my roommate many years ago. According to him (directly from his mouth), the local elders told "M" that he would not be able to remain as a Ministerial Servant if he did not shut down the site. So, down the site went. ######### HEY GOOD to know that someone can relate a personal exp on the issue this is why i love the net , someone will be able to add some additional insight to the issue being discussed all the time thanksks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit