Curious.......

by cameo 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Unfortunately, I will never know. I would hope not. I think people who were "born into it"are far more screwed up by the organization than people who were in at a later time in their life.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

It's hard to say.

Now I say definately no, but that's knowing what I do.

If I did not know what I do know now, probably not. But then my life would have been totally different, so who knows.

Did that make sense.

• senselessly sane
    senselessly sane

No, too much of it makes no sense to me.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The vast majority of people on this earth are the religion they are because of accident of birth - nothing else - no matter which way you put it. If you were born into a souther baptist family - it is extremely likely that you will grow up to be a southern baptist

• senselessly sane
    senselessly sane
    The vast majority of people on this earth are the religion they are because of accident of birth - nothing else - no matter which way you put it. If you were born into a souther baptist family - it is extremely likely that you will grow up to be a southern baptist

I wonder if JWs who grew up with it are more likely or less likely to continue being a witness in adulthood.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

difficult question - I do not know and do not have the statistics - many bought up in religions will go inactive but not renounce the faith - I suppose more JWs do that as a percentage but again - I do not have the statistics to back up that assertion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit