ADVISE NEEDED ON CARE PACKAGE FOR FEMALE SOLDIER SERVING IN MIDEAST

by ZazuWitts 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

I am trying to assemble a care package to send to a young women serving in Afghanastan. I am thinking of sundry feminine items from a drugstore. Could some of you military people give me suggestions as to what would be appreciated, and not likely provided by the Army? Thanks very much for your help.

• blondie
    blondie

http://singleparents.about.com/cs/a/CarePackages03.htm

http://www.anysoldier.us/WhatToSend.html

Items Requested By Female Soldiers Include: (Updated as of 7-16-04)

· Feminine hygiene products (maxi pads, tampons, panty liners etc.) · Off bug lotion or pump spray (non-aerosol) with Deet · Body wash, lotions, cleansers, cocoa butter , face cream · Individual shampoo, conditioner, soap, hand lotion · Food/snacks in small, non-crushable packages · Nuts, Rice Krispy bars, Oreos, Hostess cakes · Gatorade, Koolaid, Ice Tea, Cocoa mixes
    · Individual packages of cereal, fruit, non-refrigerated pudding
    · Magazines--People, US, Elle, anything fun and entertaining · Paperback books , word puzzles, travel games · Wet wipes and hand sanitizers · Shaving cream, razor blades, deodorant
    · Pretty stationary sets · Chap stick or other lip balm · Toilet paper and Kleenex · Sports Bras-Size 34B-36B; Cotton panties sizes 5, 6, 7 · Neck Coolers

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Thank you Blondie - for the suggestions and the links, too. I will check them out!

• jwbot
    jwbot

B size only? Why? I mean, whatabout our larger breasted military women? You try fitting D's into a B size bra...sports or not thats very uncomfortable...

• alamb
    alamb

My husband was just home and loaded up on baby wipes, shower gel/wash, bath poufs are a hot item too. I got him one of those personal atomizers you pump up and it sprays you to cool off and a fan. He says everyone is very bored too but they can see movies before they are here at the theaters through pirated copies which are 2 for $3. I wanted to go to the movies but he had seen them all. Also he wanted books and magazines like Reader's Digest. But I imagine everyone is different. Hope this helps.

• blondie
    blondie

jwbot, this was just a general list I found online. I'm sure it would be "adjusted" for the special person you are sending it to. There are a variety of groups that do this on a regular basis, VFWs and family goups of military stationed there. Check the URLS for groups listed that can help further.

I'm no B cup myself.

Blondie

• willy_think
    willy_think

Koolaid or the like is a good thing to send, they drink a lot of water.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

JW NO kidding I got stuck in my sports bra yesterday and Thunder had to roll it down and pop it over the twins for me LOLI would still be in it arms akimbo had he not been here.

If you need anymore lists or anything I can ask on Marine Moms online...they have the scoop on all that stuff

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I heard that baby wipes ( wet wipes) are very much appreciated.

Blondies list is what I have also heard on tv.

I think sending her the things most needed will be so much appreciated, like the things we call nesessities are going to be treats for them I am sure. Maybe you can send some trial size bottle of body spray, lip gloss( flavored, girly kind of course), sweet smelling deoderant, those Listerine breath things that melt in your mouth, a small manicure set, a trail size jar of great face cream, ( like you get at Dillard's , Clinque Estee Lauder).

Little things that when she opens the box, she has a wide range of things from things needed to things that are a treat. I can only imagine how much she is going to love this care package , with little goodies we women here at home take forgranted.

When you send her the note with the care package, let her know that as women, we can imagine how hard it is to be away from home and we hope the little taste of home that you are sending her brings her a smile.

( I would hope someone would be so kind as to send me some Midol in my care package........lol )

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

BTW, how do you know the soilder you are sending the package to? Are you on a buddy list kind of thing, like a pen pal? Or do you know her personally? I am thinking of writing , and sending a care package to a soilder, preferably a female so if you know a good place for me to go to , to find out how to get started let me know........Thanks.......Dede

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit