What is the safest way to kill (er...displace) a skunk?

by confusedjw 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I've heard that bathing in tomato juice will neutralize skunk spray.

How did you deodorize your dog, CJW?

oops! nevermind - I didn't see the other thread.

over.

• garybuss
    garybuss

We had a skunk under the porch once. We let him smell the vinyl seat from a chair from the Kingdom Hall and he vomited for one solid day and then he left to live in the neighbor's out house.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Apparently you have to run them over in a car or truck them pour tomatoe juice all over the vehicle wheels

Brummie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

...that, or a good spaghetti sauce...

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Send him to me in a pet cage when ya catch him. I know a Sheriff that needs a new cologne.

THIS Sheriff below is to be commended for his expert knowledge on skunks:

" Because of a recent local ordeal with a potentially dangerous skunk in town, the subject of who to call with wild life issues arouse. Krukow says, ?that DNR is responsible for wild life? and should be called in most cases, however, when a citizen?s life may be in danger the Sheriff?s Department might be the most sensible call to make. Audience member, Mark Baschke, pointed out that a local ?Critter-Getter? may also be an option to consider when faced with a non-critical wild life situation.

If you are concerned about the quality of life and safety in your community, join Sheriff Krukow and become a part of the solution ? as you can tell from this article, he has made a believer out of me. Sheriff Krukow can be reached at (712) 262-3221."

CG

• Wickid
    Wickid

Introduce the little bugger to shotgun therapy. ;)

• Poztate
    Poztate
    We see this damn skunk this time of year a lot when we drive into the yard.

I have to tell you this,if you are seeing one skunk there are 10 you are not seeing.It does not take long for skunks and their families to build up to the point where you are smelling them day and night. For persons who don't want to "dispose" of them relocation could be the answer.

The downside to this is skunks have been known to return to their old areas up to about 7 miles or more away. Do you really want to relocate them only to bother someone else or can you drive them far into the country. If you can't killing them is the only answer. First build a real skunk trap (google it for skunk trap plans). Bait it with cheese or sardines. When you catch one ...gently place him in a barrel of water for 10 minutes. Use gloves and care to dispose of the body. Skunks can and do carry rabies so be careful.

The last neighborhood I was in had a real problem. In the first year I killed 25 skunks. The second year 17. The third year 5. Now the area seems to be almost skunk free and you can sleep with windows open at night.Good Luck to you.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Drown them...

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit