Dog got sprayed by a skunk

by confusedjw 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

OH MY GOD DOES IT STINK.

AND I CAN"T PUT HIM OUTSIDE OR HE"LL BARK ALL NIGHT AND KEEP THE NEIGHBORS UP.

HE'S IN THE BASEMENT STINKY, WET AND WHINING.

DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THE INGREDIENTS THAT ARE CALLED FOR ON THE INTERNET.

USED DISHSOAP AND THAT ORANGE CLEANER.

HEADING OFF TO HANG MYSELF.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Hey there confused!!

Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda plus dish soap works the best. Is there an all night store you could go to so that everyone is more comfortable????

You may have to do this a couple of times so if you go out to get some- buy lots !!

This worked well when I lived out in the country and had two dogs that were into everything !!

Good luck !!

XW

• Mac
    Mac

LOL, XW..

nope, clothespins work best!!!!!!!!!

mac, always liked skunk cuz it smells like rutabega class

* edited to add a consonant

• shamus
    shamus

Just use good old fashioned tomatoe juice. It will work... dishsoap is useless.

• FMZ
    FMZ

lmao dude... you never ever fail to crack me up.

Give Red Assed Dog Who Stinks Of Skunk a pat on the head from me when he is clean.

FMZ

• gumby
    gumby
    Just use good old fashioned tomatoe juice. It will work

He's right! This poor bastard has been scrubbing his underwear out with this formula for years and he hardly ever stinks.It really does work!

Gumby

• Xandria
    Xandria

Then give a rinse of lemon juice after the tomato juice. To seal in the freshness, we um had to do that to my step mom when she had her skunk moment. LOL>..

X.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Christ, there I was running around the truck trying to grab the dog as he's barking at this skunk who is doing the twirly dance keeping his butt toward the dog. If I got remotely near the dog he'd scoot under the truck - still menacing the skunk and then to the other side of the skunk barking away - all of this at 12:30 in the morning. I'd run around the truck hollering at the dog (he hears BLAH BLAH BLAH COME HERE BLAH BLAH). This goes on a few times and the skunk decides to get under the truck himself. The dog goes in - and suddenly the barking stops - and he comes out squinting (I know, I didn't think a dog could squint either), sticking his tongue out, shaking his head and heading for the house.

After that is was a plain ole chemestry experiment up in the tub with the dog. I think that the orange cleaner stuff for floors was what worked the best. I DON'T recomment oven cleaner.

Today the boy will have to ride his bike to the store and get something on the list that you folks have provided. Maybe the vet has a special sauce. Some on the internet are suggesting Massengill douche - maybe I'll get the boy to buy that.

• Robdar
    Robdar

ROFLMAO!!!

Don't hang yourself until you come back and tell us how you got the smell out!

Robyn

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Before chemistry experiment:

After chemistry experiment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit