Know Where Your Publisher Record Card Is?

by shamus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

Because I have no idea where it is.

What do the 'elders' do to those who are M.I.A. and fell off the face of the planet? What do they do with them?

Not that I really care... but it would be interesting to find out what they did with it!

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

I am MIA.

The elders called and asked if they could "remove my card from their file." Which, they said, would mean that they no longer would call or visit me. (and I won't be counted as an "inactive publisher")

I said "sure."

Does that mean I am now in file 13?

• blondie
    blondie

The congregation you last attended should have your publisher's record card.

Some elders or BOE have taken the cards of those who are inactive/DF'd/DA'd out of the box. But every time the CO visits, he checks the box and he is directed by the WTS to review inactive/DF'd/DA'd records to fill in his weekly report to the WTS. I can remember several BOE's being chewed out by the CO and told to put the cards back into the box.

I suppose the elders could toss a few and the CO might not notice, but to get rid of all of them......

• shamus
    shamus
    Some elders or BOE have taken the cards of those who are inactive/DF'd/DA'd out of the box

Okay. I give up. Out of where to where? In the trash?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just imagine:

They take the cards of everyone who is dfd, da'd and inactive from all over the world and they put them in one big pile. How big would that pile be and how long would it take it to burn? Could you see the flames from the space station and would the smoke cause the temperature in the northern hemisphere to drop by 10 degrees?

Ponder. Ponder.

Flyin'

• blondie
    blondie

Not in the trash...out of the sight of the CO though. They didn't want him to see how many inactive people they had. Also, the CO notes on his report to the WTS how many were DF'd and DA'd since his last visit. Hard to do without the cards in the box; hard for him not to notice; after all there is no congregation that has no one who is inactive. The elders like their numbers to look good for the CO.

I have never heard of anyone actually through any cards out. HIding them, yes.

Blondie

• shamus
    shamus

So, theoretically, I could go back to a kingdumb hall, get baptized, yada yada yada, and they would not be the wiser???? Not like I would ever do that, but that's just wacky.

• blondie
    blondie

Shamus, I have heard of JWs who did that. Once it was a man from Africa who pretended not to be a JW, studied and was baptized. Then a brother visited from that particular African country and recognized the "new" brother as a DF'd brother from his circuit. Then there was the DF'd sister that moved across the US to another state. When the JWs called on her, she pretended to be a non-JW, studied and was baptized. She married a brother in the congregation and his relatives from out of town came and brought friends from the state she used to live in....you guessed they recognized her as being a DF'd sister from their circuit. That put an interesting end to the wedding plans. The WTS world is a small one.

Blondie

• shamus
    shamus

LOL, Blondie!

And they say that weirdo's are not in 'the truth', LOL!

Geez, now I have heard it all.

• onacruse
    onacruse

My card is at the North Milwaukie, Oregon congregation.

And I worry every day. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit