Do JW really spy on people in the congregation?

by wordlywife 41 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Don't hire one for cleaning your house, or go to a doctor with a JW up front. They will not

keep your privacy!

In bethel the cleaning service, will go through all your stuff, and report to the higher ups anything

which is illegal to bethel standards.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

I served with two elders that actively spied on potential wrong doers. They really sucked at being elders, but they liked carrying a big stick.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Now I know where some of my spouse's behavior is coming from. And, why he doesn't trust people very easily. The more I read here, the more frightened I become of th e "friends" who will prably stab you in the back as they smile at your face.

The superstition, the guilt, the strictness, the spying, the control, I just can't believe my ears and eyes. I've been to many meetings with spouse, and never felt a genuine spirit of love, except from 1 person I knew prior to attending anda nother 1 or 2 who didn't seem to have any hidden agenda. I really wanted to feel that what spouse had was "it" also, isn't that sad. The 1 huge convention I went to I was actually treatled rudely by strangers, was it because I didn't have a name badge on (a sure sign that I wasn't in the "Truth"?),??? One person wouldn't even let me get up to use the faucet or the mirror in the bathroom. I was floored! And the running at the end of the convention to get to your car first, to get out first. I was shocked. (spouse said that doesn't happen very often, people ripping their way outta there) I don't think I can ever go back to a KH with him, if he decides to go back. I'm sure there must be some goodness in some of them, but most of it seems pretentious, vain, controlling and above all, boring. I remember telling spouse once that I liked the messgae, but not the method. Part of me still feels that way, as I agree on some things (no eternal hellfire), but on most other things, Sheesh....I'd rather talk to God at a beach or in a meadow, or in the middle of Mall than listen to a WT study. I will support my spouse if he wants to attend, and certainly won't make it difficult, but I know it isn't for me ( or my children).

Sory all I went on a bit...........I am flabbergasted, I guess.

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings and welcome.

Wwife. Yes, but not all. It's the 'power' trip. You'll find this 'trait' in all walks of life.

Guest 77

• simplesally
    simplesally

They like cleaning jobs because there is no clock to punch therefore its easier to attend conventions, go out in service, etc. They advocate jobs that are part time or you are an independant contractor. Working full time means you will miss being able to go out in service with the CO and his wife and give them money when they are there. Working full time means you will have money to take a nice vacation ........LOL!! Working full time means that you may become reliant on yourself to make a living and not rely on Jehovah for your daily 'bread.'

• RR
    RR

We were spied on by our closes friends. We found out after we left, when one of them a few years later called us to tell us she was getting DF'd and wanting us to know that the elders recruited them to spy on us.

When I stepped down and we left the congregation and went to another, the elders there spied on us also. In fact one pioneer sister and her elder wannabe boyfriend, invited us over for a thanksgiving dinner, (hey, the turkey was on sale), and they were asking so many personal questions. Then they started talking about the evil slave class, then we knew they were trying to fond some dirt on us. We just played dumb "who?"

RR

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My God.. do we realize how bizarre this all sounds? How Orwellian.. people spying on each other. Eeek!

Country Girl

• kls
    kls

Oh yes, i have first hand experiance of my own husband and children spying on me and reporting back to the elders after i told my husband i wanted nothing more to do with being a jw. My own family would constantly watch evey move i made ,like i was a parasite and i would infect them. It does make a jw feel superior and proud when they can run to an elder with dirt on another jw.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, I've got a story. When I was 15 years old, I was dating a girl who was studying (technically, JWs aren't supposed to date until they're "mature", in other words, age 20). Anyway, she didn't know the JW rules as well as I did, and she came a knockin' on my door one day. My JW mother answered the door. My girlfriend asked to see me. My mother went into a real shit-fit, and asked her every question she could think of, "Why do you want to see him? What is your business with him? Which congregation do you go to? How old are you?" My mother noted my girlfriend's name and day on her reminder board. I'll never forget it, July 15, 1993. My mother ended up doing some "detective work" to find out more on this girl. My mother found out that she was only studying, she came from a broken home, and her homelife was terrible. I was amazed that she was able to find this out!

JWs who are breaking "Jehovah's Law" are extremely paranoid about other JWs being around. I was the same way. I was always worried that another JW would see me holding hands with a girl, kissing her, or smoking and would report it.

My father took advantage of the paranoia when he found out I was dating a single mother. He told me that a JW had seen me driving around with her and her baby. The whole thing is in my autobiography (which I have to finish yet). Years later, I found out that my father had made this story up, just to stop me from dating this girl.

• Ardvarks
    Ardvarks

Oh, apparently you did not recieve the "Pink Panther" X-ray specs kit as issued by prefered elders and seen on TV.

The only defence is kryptonite window shades...

Seriously, elders recieve an educationon what to look for as to deviant behavior among the sheep in a publication humorously called "Flock" U.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit