How Many Here Are "Technically" Still JWs???... Who's Not??

by minimus 110 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What I mean is according to the Society, there are a number of persons that are "technically" "inactive" yet are viewed as JWs still. I'm sure that I'm viewed as a Witness still because I am not df'd or disassociated.....What about you???

• NKyGuy
    NKyGuy

Well, I would fall into that category for sure.

I have never been disfellowshiped, and have never disassociated myself. Even though I have not been to a meeting in about 5 years I am sure they still consider me a JW.

Funny thing is, they try to call on me every year before the Memorial. Last year I told my wife to tell them not to bother, they would just be wasting my time and theirs. She was not really happy about it, but they didn't show up either :)

• undercover
    undercover

Yep...technically still one. I have a card in the box at the hall, even though it hasn't shown any hours of service for over two years now (or is it three?).

Personally, I consider myself a recovering JW. This is my group therapy session.

• doogie
    doogie

DA'd as of a month or two ago. look for me in the 2004 Worldwide Report next January! i'll be the one that's not being counted anymore!

"HOORAY FOR ME! HOORAY FOR ME!" -- Dave Chappelle

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm considered a 'spiritually weak' JW.

News travels fast within the WTBTS, so I have people that I haven't heard from or seen in years calling my home or inquiring from others if everything is alright with me. I'm sure they've heard how low my service hours are, how I miss a whole lot of meetings, and about the controversial comments I give whenever I get the opportunity.

I predict that by the time I turn in my letter of resignation most won't be surprised whatsoever. The writing's on the wall.

DY

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've never been baptized, therefore I've never really been considered a JW. However, I was included in the "Unbaptized Publisher" statistics for a few years.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I am a long gone DF'ed JW. 18 years out for me! No fading for me...I went out with big ole immoral bang!

• RR
    RR

I've been out physically for some twelve years. I serve as an elder in a local congregation of Bible Students. Many of the JW'sI "grew up" with know what I do. I'm all over the net. I know Bethelites who have surfed the web and seen me and my site and postings. No one has done anything.

I visit my inlaw whho is still an active witness and she'salways entertaining the friends and they greet me and we talk as if nothing ever happened. Most of the time when I visit her it's directly from my own meetings, so I'm still in a suit, with my cross and crown pin and my crazy scripture ties. And no one bats an eye.

Never been formally DF'd or DA'd. Go figure! But hey, at this point,who cares?

RR

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Officially DAed.

• minimus
    minimus

RR---they must like you. The average JW would've been shot along time ago!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit