URGENT..............

by open_mind 12 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

hey open mind

Amazing made good sense - especially the example of the man who alluded the elders for 16 years. He asked Did the man lie? Yes & no."

Check your Insight Book for the WTBTS definition of LIE. The man absolutely did not lie - he obviously felt that these men were not deserving of a true statement, which makes sense, as they would have used it against him and his family for the family's harm.

You might as well play the game by their rules. They do.

Enjoy it - rather like Spy vs Spy, eh?

waiting

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Spy vs Spy... I had almost forgotten that.. good one, Waiting!

RCat

• mustang
    mustang

Open mind,

I recall from other threads (Sue, etc.) that you mentioned having just been baptized, about 3 months ago. Also, you are already quite disillusioned and discovering 'things that go stumble in the night'. Not an enviable position; I empathize.

Unfortunately, you are "high-profile"; if you have been outspoken, you are higher profile, yet.

You will have two choices: confrontational or back-pedaling. If you go with the confrontational, you may as well prepare for DF/DA'ing. You could likely back-pedal from where you stand. It depends on your outlook and expectations.

There are two other possibilities: you could back-pedal to buy time or back-pedal and prepare for the 'slow-fade'. These are still variations on the back-pedal theme.

Amazing's advice is quite good. I personally did much the same as the 16 year brother that Amazing mentioned, except I moved through several states, and changed jobs. Going onto night shift made a considerable difference.

Waiting has a very good insight: use their own tactics. Frankly, I concluded something to the effect of the 'definition of the lie' before theocratic strategy was that well published. Having seen the servants/elders politics from the family level and behind the scenes, I knew the level of game-playing that was going on. Sad to say, but it is the ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE. A TOTALLY HONEST PERSON WILL NOT SURVIVE PLAYING DUB-GAMES W/ ELDERS. I adapted the strategy of evening the playing filed, if there was game playing going on at all.

Some other insights can be added, such as 'don't get involved in a conversa-tion with more than one elder at a time'. Beg off with any excuse. Excuse-itis is an interesting and useful affliction.

You could succumb to materialism and the 'pressures of life'. (As a world-class fence-sitter, I can tell you that materialism IS NOT FATAL and is only unpleasant to the clumsiest of practitioners.) Unfortunately, this one takes time and careful preparation. Your 'cover' may already be 'blown'.

If you want to truly maintain the ultimate in integrity, you will go confron-tational (ballistic) and will 'go out in a blaze of glory?'. If you have some reason to 'hang on' (buy time for soul-searching or relatives held hos-tage), you will back-pedal to some middle ground.

I suggest any manner of the back-pedaling to gain time to think. Should you entertain DA'ing, think twice. I will send you DocBob's 'I ain't gonna DA' letter. I post it periodically, but it takes space and bandwidth. It can be found somewhere in the last week or so's worth of postings. It is something everybody in your situation should consider.

Best wishes!!

Mustang
    Fence-sitters unite!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit