Why and I still a Newbie?

by WTLies 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WTLies
    WTLies

I've been a member of this forum for about 4 years now. There are members who have been here less time than me who are now "Jedi Masters" and "Senior Members" yet I'm still a newbie.

Is it because I only have 61 posts? Then that would mean my progress here, in terms of a title is based on the amount of time spent posting... humm.

I guess that would explain why those who spend few hours in field service don't get titles like "Elder" or "Pioneer"

Shouldnt membership ranking be based on the years you were a member, rather than how active you are.

I'm not upset by my ranking, it just seemed odd, as I responded to a post and went to check it and saw I was still a newbie. Since I hardly ever post I don't get to see that and it seemed very WTish to me. What do you think?

William,

former member of a Non-Prophet Organization

• blondie
    blondie

It is too bad that it doesn't show how often you read posts, just if you post.

But I know you don't take it that seriously. We don't. Don't tell anyone, but Simon pays the Supreme Ones for every post they make.

Blondie

• talesin
    talesin

Hi!

I think that is just the way the board mechanics are set up. It's a standard format, not designed by the owner. The titles, such as Newbie, Jedi, etc., are chosen by the individual running the board, though.

• WTLies
    WTLies

Wow Talesin, you made Emperor Class in just about one year, kudos

I guess I should contribute more. I'm on my way, now I'm at 62 posts. Jedi here I come Woooo hoo lol

William

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BTW The WTBTS does have a few things correct IMHO - it is appropriate that those who go out a lot in Field Service because that is what they are about are rewarded with more "priviledges" such as MS pioneer Elder etc -- so those that input quiet a lot on this board also have different titles

• Valis
    Valis

Dude...maybe yer like Moses or sumpin...gotta wonder around in the desert for a while eating Jehovah's dandruff...or perhaps like Job and you got stuck in the middle of a fixed contest between a couple wack jobs in the sky...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• talesin
    talesin

William

That's only because I'm opinionated and have far too much to say!

Hey, I bet you could easily be a Senior Member by the end of the month, only 38 more posts to go. Get typing man, let the fingers fly!

• Valis
    Valis
    That's only because I'm opinionated and have far too much to say!

got that right!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Running For Cover" class

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

WTLies, In order to become a Jedi Knight, you must have the greatest concentration and dilligence. You must not only feel the Force flowing in you, but you must also recognize that you ARE the force in that you are indistinct from the Force. You have to not only give quality posts, but also respond in inane question notes with a "Same Thought" or the sharp-witted "ROFL". You will then be ascertained to be a Senior Member. Once this is learned, the doors to using the Force will be open to you, and you can balance rocks on top of another, and also create inane question threads of your own. You will eventually feel an inner compulsion that compells you to add your own powers to help defeat a dread Troll. At that point you will have become a Master Member and the innocence of the Newbie acolyte period will be removed almost from your own personal memories. In the journey down the road of message-board esoteticism, there is no turning back, only subtle shades of cut-n-paste.

After that you have to prove to Simon you are a Jedi Knight by lifting an Auxillary Pioneer's car out of the Dagobah swamp just by raising your hands and looking extremely constipated, then posting your 1000th post. Once you hit 2000 posts you become Evil and stop using your posting powers for good.

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* gita...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit