What Kind of JW Were You?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Personally, I was a "good" JW. I only went "bad" after I couldn't take it anymore.

• talesin
    talesin

Me, too, Minimus. I use the term "keener". Not in a suck-up sense, but in the way that you always try your hardest to do what is expected of you.

• dh
    dh

i guess 'different'

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

First stage: So goody goody goody and practically dripping with molasses (zeal?)

Second stage: Good enough to be palatable (tolerable)

Third stage: Not quite so good (marked? am I good association still?)

Fourth stage: Goody goody goody revival!!! (zeal zeal zeal!!!)

Fifth stage (now): Not so hot and not really caring (stone cold)

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Double-life JW. I have found that is typical for most JW kids.

LABD

Edited to add: Did I mention my dad was an elder during this time? The three times I was found out, it was my dad that took me to the elders. He had offered to step down, but the rest of the body persuaded him not to.

• SAHS
    SAHS
    A double-lifer. . (but I believed it all whole-heartedly. I was sure I wouldn't be in the 'new system').

That fits me to a ?T? (thus my alias name, which means ?Sinned Against the Holy Spirit?).

You were a normal "bad" boy.

Same as me . . . except in my case, I was not ?a normal ?bad? boy.?

?SAHS

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

another double lifer.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A darn hard working one !

Not so great at the ministry, but I was Group Study Conductor, Watchtower study conductor , secretary, all at once in the last congo. Together with a full time demanding job.... OK before an body says so, I know that that is not unusual , and I am sure that there are others here with a longer work list

But it was enough to make me feel that I was on a tread mill, And I was soo glad to get off it.. But the point is that until my eyes opened, I really did believe in it. I was sure that I was using my time in the best possible way serving the Universal sovreign .....

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A big shot at one time. Pioneered many years, participated in many assemblies; just your local JW celebrity of sorts.

Then I outgrew the whole WTBTS outfit. It got old and the light got too bright right around 1995.

Now a 'weak one' big time.

DY

• Soledad
    Soledad

an absolute outcast. went along with my (overly eager) mother's wishes but I hated it all since early childhood. I had an "unbelieving father" so we were always on the fringes of the congregation, barely even acknowledged. but if there was a need for a family like ours to be used for a demonstration you best believe we were sought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit