I am disfellowshipping myself from this board for five months....

by ThiChi 49 Replies latest social current

• Mac
    Mac

Go to bed XW.....yer rambling!

mac

• Englishman
    Englishman

There is a third alternative.

How about this guy who sings alongside Bush? http://www.stupidvideos.com/

Select "Endless Love".

Englishman.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Avishai

Do you think they're really all that different?

Well, I'm not excited about Kerry at all. But IMO the posts of the Kerry supporters on this board don't even hold a candle the vitriolic fascist rantings of the Bush supporters.

I've heard it said that "liberals are stupid and conservatives are mean". I'm not sure that the former is true, but I am more than convinced of the latter.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Hey Guys:

How

about

NADER?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Oh, Lord, Oh Jeez, I haven't laughed this much since e-watchman stopped being able to write anything; oh, praise the Lord for Ralph Nader, 2004's comic relief. He couldn't even score his OWN PARTY's nomination...

Thanks for that...

CZAR

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    I'm also seeing a banner for George W.'s campaign on my computer. It would appear that Simon is being balanced here.

It would appear that way, but it's not true. The Bush banner links to Kerry's site. So nope, no balance in this case.

For those being picky about what 'disfellowship' means: Dictionary.com defines disfellowship as, "to exclude from fellowship". ThiChi is excluding himself from our fellowship, so his usage of the word is not necessarily incorrect .

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Avishai you made the most insightful, and accurate, post on this entire thread.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    I'm also seeing a banner for George W.'s campaign on my computer. It would appear that Simon is being balanced here.

It would appear that way, but it's not true. The Bush banner links to Kerry's site. So nope, no balance in this case.

I stand corrected. And XW is correct, I did not click on either banner. I have no desire to see what either one of them have to say.

I'm sick of this election already. My vote isn't going to be for anyone as much as it is against Bush. I don't see a huge difference between Bush and Kerry, either. But, the one thing that makes me choose Kerry over W. is the fact that two possibly three Supreme Court Justices will retire within the next four years. I would much rather have Kerry nominate their replacements than W. Oh, and there's the whole thing about W. not finding my family arrangement valid and wanting to ban it with an amendment to the Constitution.

Country

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

• Larry
    Larry

Xena - Thanks for giving me a clue as to want this is all about:

Bush/Kerry Banners on JWD: CLICK ON THEM FOLKS- Don't just SEE them there and then speak. If you click on either one you go to a Kerry website. THAT is what people are bitching about. Hardly balanced for a forum of this size and the realization of that is in this thread. Whether the owner of this site cares about the realities of that with regard to his forum is totally up to him.

I will make this observation - I've spoken to at least three people who was banned from this board -one way or the other, and each time I'm shock that a XJW could get kicked off a XJW website. Granted, I don't know all the details as to the banning but is it really necessary? Is this place the same as the BORG regarding dissenting voices? Just asking?

Peace - LL :)

• Simon
    Simon

You know what ... if anyone wants to complain about ME putting a banner of MY choice on MY site then I'd be happy to see you post some pics of you with stickers for the candidate of your choice on your car ... and the opposing candidate.

Otherwise, you are just a bunch of whining hypocrites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit