Army Recall of 5,600 Troops

by Cassiline 24 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

My hat off to both you and BBC news, this is one of the first reports I've read that had positives in it. I've not seen any news reports here in the US...and the US print Press...forget about it.

Again, blatant lies...I haven't seen any of those in letter sent out by the guy in question..nor did you show blatant lies...inaccuracies...sure...lies...no.

But, I will concede the point of the BBC report...we should see more of that.

• Simon
    Simon
    Again, blatant lies...I haven't seen any of those in letter sent out by the guy in question..nor did you show blatant lies...inaccuracies...sure...lies...no.

• Over 80,000 Iraqi soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side with US soldiers.
    (Only 2,000 were operational as of February 2004)
  • So, if I told my insurance company that I'd paid $80,000 for something when I really only paid $2,000 ... that is not lying? (just an example).

Yes, it is inacurate - that is what lies are ! (I've never heard of a lie that is accurate) So I think you are arguing semantics

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Actually Simon, a lie is KNOWING the truth and stating what you know to be a falsehood. Inaccurate information isn't a lie unless it's done intentionally. Who knows, figure in local police, soldiers, etc...sure 80K is probably a bit high, but 2000 sounds a bit low...there are more police in Baghdad than that.

• Simon
    Simon
    a lie is KNOWING the truth and stating what you know to be a falsehood

Next you will start saying there are known knowns and known unknowns together with unknown knowns ... none of them being lies of course

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

You have a problem with the dictionary definition??

lie 2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l
    n.
    1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
    2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

v. lied, ly·ing, (llies
    v. intr.
    1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
    2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.
  • Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit