FOX News Less Bias, According to UCLA /Stanford Study

by ThiChi 19 Replies latest social current

• dubla
    dubla

simon said:

The stats have already been thrashed out and Fox is biased OR it attracts a group of fundie types who just want to hear news that reinforces their own beliefs and views rather than the facts.

what "stats" have been "thrashed out"? id love to see them, providing facts is much more credible than just blanketly stating what "most peoples opinions" supposedly are.

aa

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've never trusted CNN because their slogan is .... "The Most Trusted Name In News"... a real turn off, kind of like the JWs calling themselves "The Truth".

I don't understand what you imagine your argument is. You have found one report to back up your assertions that seem to contradict other reports and most people's opinions.

Where do you get that "most people's opinions." Who's "most". I do believe that Fox News has a higher rating than CNN.

The stats have already been thrashed out and Fox is biased

What stats are those?

it attracts a group of fundie types who just want to hear news that reinforces their own beliefs and views rather than the facts.
    That shows YOUR complete bias with no facts to back it up. I watch both CNN and FOX. Both have their plus and minuses.
  • L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Maybe I should give you lefties the benifit of the boubt. Maybe you are so used to having a liberal spin on news, that when some one actual just reports it, without a bias (a bias that is reenforced by a study that should almost 90% of news journalists identify themselves as Democrats, and no I don't have that report at my fingertips at the moment, but I will provide it to persons that honestly want the answers) that you think they are "far right wackos"?

LABD

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""Fox is biased OR it attracts a group of fundie types who just want to hear news that reinforces their own beliefs and views rather than the facts.""

This is just not true anymore.......read the methodology used in this study. It is bullet proof. And from sources that are mostly no fans of Conservatism.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

FOX News viewer's misconceptions matched the misconceptions engendered by certain statements by Bush et. al. before the war; regarding the connections between Iraq and 911, the discovery of WoMD; things that have subsequently been shown to be false.

Viewers of other stations are less likely to believe the Republican War Dance than those of FOX.

Their bias in terms of political wing is more-or-less the same as other media outlets bias towards the same or other political wings.

What is disturbing is the bias towards reporting unfactual statements that echo Bush's party line they sow, over and above other stations, as shown by the viewers misconceptions.

The two facts may be unrelated, but statistically speaking it is unlikely.

• dubla
    dubla

abaddon-

glad to see you back on the subject....we never really finished this bit you keep repeating:

FOX News viewer's misconceptions matched the misconceptions engendered by certain statements by Bush et. al. before the war;

as did CNN viewers misconceptions, along with MSNBC viewers misconceptions.....lets not leave that out.

Viewers of other stations are less likely to believe the Republican War Dance than those of FOX.

you never provided me the specific stats on this. how "less likely" are they, according to the survey you provided?.....and what was the error margin of that particular survey? the only statement i saw on it said that cnn and msnbc viewers were not much better informed. what does this mean exactly?

What is disturbing is the bias towards reporting unfactual statements that echo Bush's party line they sow, over and above other stations, as shown by the viewers misconceptions.

unfortunately for your argument, even though you keep forgetting to add this, cnn and msnbc viewers generally had these exact same "misconceptions", according to the quotes you provided. im curious, how many people were surveyed in that study? are there more stats to back up these "facts" you keep tossing around, or just the one survey?

aa

edited to say: why in the world was this thread locked? what gives??

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

" bias towards reporting unfactual statements that echo Bush's party line "

Examples? So far what I have seen on FOX, are both Party's mantras being reported. If you have read the study, you would see who's "think tanks" Fox uses or cites the most, and guess what? it is not what you claim...

• Simon
    Simon

On the same subject, it seem we in the UK are given biased reports ... favouring the Israeli side for instance. I wonder if this is also tru in the USA?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3829967.stm

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Maybe I should give you lefties the benifit of the boubt. Maybe you are so used to having a liberal spin on news, that when some one actual just reports it, without a bias (a bias that is reenforced by a study that should almost 90% of news journalists identify themselves as Democrats, and no I don't have that report at my fingertips at the moment, but I will provide it to persons that honestly want the answers) that you think they are "far right wackos"?

LABD

LABD makes a very powerful point here.....

Simon:

Very interesting article. I really appreciate: ""It said that news programmes did not provide enough information about the conflict's history and origins. ""

This is so true when complex issues arise.....

PS are we locked out? what did we do? I thought it was a good debate....

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe we get fed up of listening to the lies spewed out by you "righties"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit