July WT. Contradicts Itself Regarding "Unbelievers"

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was reading the July WT. at my mother's yesterday and the QFR asked about who should and shouldn't be viewed as an "unbeliever". IF a person was attending meetings and might even be an "unbaptized publisher" they should NOT be considered an "unbeliever". However, if this same person wanted to date and or marry a fellow "believer" that was baptized, then they would be in violation of "marrying only in the Lord"!

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

That totally makes sense to me

You are a believer but not in the Lord, cause you don't believe in the Lord unless you are baptized. But before getting baptized show your faithful believe through Field-Service ? , where you praise Jehova your Lord ... i mean not Lord ... ähhmm ... i'm screwed

• Emma
    Emma

Say it ain't so; inconsistancies in the wt?! There must be a theocratic warefare explanation or something. We're just devoid of holy spirit...

It'll we interesting to see if any of the "faithful" catch it.

• minimus
    minimus

It's like having another requirement, another rule to follow, to measure up. .....I heard that at the 1 day assembly, they said JWs should NOT quote the Watchtower and say, "The Watchtower says this or that". Say, "The Bible says this or that".....The funny thing is you need a Watchtower to understand what the Bible says.

• avishai
    avishai

Thank you!!

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

The way they are defining exactly who an unbeliever is demonstrates one more level of control that the borg is trying to exert over the r&f. Heaven forbid some poor believer be called an unbeliever. It's all so stupid.

zugz

• undercover
    undercover
    IF a person was attending meetings and might even be an "unbaptized publisher" they should NOT be considered an "unbeliever".

That's so they can count him as a JW in their stats even counting any hours he turns in for field service.

if this same person wanted to date and or marry a fellow "believer" that was baptized, then they would be in violation of "marrying only in the Lord"!

They don't trust an unbaptized person. They can't have a baptized person hanging around an unbaptized person too much. They might be led astray by the unbaptized(read unindoctrinated) persons attitudes and reasonings.

They don't trust the unbaptized, but they'll by God count them and their hours to bolster their numbers.

• The Thinker
  • blondie
    blondie

Wait until HadEnuf sees this topic.

Blondie

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

burp again! just testing this post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit