Experience about not bringing our own food to the convention

by NikL 45 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai
    About a month later he was DF'd, and was reinstated about 3 months after that.

Waht was he df'd for? I would imagine, perhaps, he told the elders to f--k off? It would explain the short reinstatement time.

• avishai
    avishai

bttt

• Mary
    Mary
    They probably went to the local bars to drown their sorrows

LMAO!! Yep, Big Brother was lookin' in the wrong place!! I don't believe for one second that EVERYONE obeyed this rule. What a load of shit. And how utterly PATHETIC does that make the Borg look, that they're actually out trying to control where you get your f**king lunch from??!! They more than likely said this so that anyone who was "guilty" of such a serious sin as going out at lunch time, would feel particular "shame" and never, ever do it again.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Even when I was still going to the DC I would always go over to the local restaurant and eat. I hated having to take a boxed lunch, sit there in those uncomfortable seats and gobble a dry cold sandwich down. I would much rather sit in a nice, clean, quiet, air-conditioned restaurant and have a nice hot lunch. I know I got a lot of dirty looks from others because I was not a Jdub and followed the WT direction but I was at the point I didn't care what others thought.

Will

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

orangefatcat, that's the one. There were brothers? assigned specifically to watch the Sheraton to see if any JWs were using it. I was tempted to use the hotel just to see if anything would happen, but I had to commute instead to give my mother a ride. I was very offended that the org would try to tell me where I can spend my money and where I can't, and I was ready to provoke a confrontation over it.

Waht was he df'd for? I would imagine, perhaps, he told the elders to f--k off?

Knowing the guy, that's possibly what it was for. He wasn't one to take shit from people. Having a dad that was an elder may also explain the short time for reinstatement.

Walter

• Daga
    Daga

Selected families are allocated the 'privilege' of providing box lunches for visiting Bethel people, etc. It's considered to be quite a plum to be included in this group.

With regard to people being disfellowshipped or reproved for using non-approved hotels, I suspect that's just as much BS as the story that started this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit