Does anybody here speak Esperanto?

by caballoSentado 15 Replies latest jw friends

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Bonan Tagon! Mi paroladas la esperanton, sed malbona.

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

gitasatsangha,
    ankau mi ne tre bone ghin parolas.... multe da tempo pasis.... se mi estas
    felicha saluti iun en la internacia lingvo... bonan nokton mia amiko.
    Caballo Sentado

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Gxis Revidi.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

too funny!

I was just talking about Esparanto with my husband last night hahah....he was talking about writing some application...and I asked what he was doing it in...he was lost in a quiet thought for a few minutes (I refer to this as being in his bubble), so, to be a wise ass I said," what language are you programming in now, Esparanto?"

Too too funny

The only languages I studied were Spanish and pig latin.

or Igpay atinlay

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Soledad,

you can search on the internet...

from http://www.esperanto.net/info/index_en.html:

What is Esperanto?

Esperanto is a language, but not of any country or ethnic group: it is a neutral, international language.

Origins

The basic rules and words of Esperanto were proposed by L. L. Zamenhof at the end of the 19th century. Within a few years, people started learning it and formed a worldwide community. Since then, Esperanto has been in use (and freely evolving) just like any other language.

Characteristics

Esperanto has a very regular structure. Words are often formed by putting other words together (like German), so there are less words that must be learnt. The language is highly phonetic so that if you see a word written, you'll know how to pronounce it and if you hear a word you'll know how to spell it, which makes the language even easier to learn.

Most Esperanto words are similar to Latin, Germanic and Slavic words. However, Esperanto is not just a mixture of those languages, but a completely developed language on its own. In several respects it is structurally more similar to non-European languages than European ones.

Using Esperanto

Esperanto is most useful for neutral communication. This means that Esperanto does not favour a certain people or culture, and promotes an atmosphere of equal rights, tolerance and true internationalism. This can be seen in Esperanto conferences, books, magazines, music, the Internet, and even in private and family life.

Young people especially can have very meaningful experiences using Esperanto: by staying as a guest in private homes abroad and making direct contact with their cultures, having fun at international festivals, gaining knowledge and skills at seminars, coming in contact with several foreign languages and learning more about them, and eventually actively working with TEJO and gaining valuable experience.

CaballoSentado

PS.
    the bible in Esperanto: http://www.esperanto.nu/upsala/biblio/

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    It always amazes me when I hear this. Why do these devotees of Klingon not spend their time learning, say, a useful second language (like French, German, Italian, Hindi, or Chinese (hey, one in five people on this planet are Chinese, if you can't beat them, join them).

as an honory non-klingon speaking, non-klingon member of a klingon ship [www.honorsblade.org]

I would say the main reason is motivated by fun and a sense of community with other like minded people...and out of 6billion even +3% oddities such as we are makes a lot of people (^_^)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit