Read These NEWS Headlines LOL IRAQ WWII ........

by ThiChi 24 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

chevy,

i agree. and the more desperate the situation got the more extreme the actions.

• Richie
    Richie

What the liberal press would have said regarding WW2 and D-Day and compare that to Iraq and today:

"What our generation might have said" after Normandy that I just had to post part of it. Enjoy...

John Kerry: Let me just say as a veteran?and one with some experience in military affairs?that you don?t just pull up to a beach and expect to trot into Europe. And I will add as well, as I have on previous occasions, that this was the worst planned American operation in our entire history. As is the custom in this hallowed nation, someone now, some person, has to, must, and should be held accountable for this mess. In my capacity as a leader in foreign affairs in the Senate, I have with all candor tried to tell this administration to slow down and get the League of Nations back into the peace process. But as I have repeatedly warned, when you unilaterally go off to invade some continent, this is what you get.

This administration talks grandly of the ?Allies;? but as I have demonstrated on numerous occasions, what they are really talking about are just two countries on the beach with us, and as expected I have warned about just what we are seeing now, that those who die will be Americans and those who pay for it all will be us. As a humanitarian, of course, I agree that Hitler was a tyrant and has to go?but there are more subtle and sober ways to do just that than blindly landing on a stormy beach and sending Americans to their slaughter.

George Soros: Now after this mess maybe we can feel what the inferno of Hamburg was like a year ago. They?re about the same thing after all?only now they?re doing to us what we did to them.

Ted Koppel: Tonight I will read the names of the dead of the 101st Airborne, tomorrow the 82nd. Have patience with us. There really are thousands of American casualties?and this was just on the first day of what we know is more to come later this month. And while our leaders don?t wish to deal with it, we at ABC do?and think you do as well.

Moveon.org: Maybe now the American people will finally grow up when they see their children slaughtered on a French beach and huddled in hedgerows waiting to die. But what they don?t know is that thousands of poor conscripted Russians and eastern Europeans were innocent targets whom our boys killed on so-called D-Day. And does America want to deal with the five thousand French civilians who died in our secret bombing campaign before the invasion? Let those who said we?d be greeted with roses explain the charred bodies of women and children to the French public.

Noam Chomsky: It is well recognized that there is already a pipeline across the Channel. On good authority we know that petroleum is already flowing to this new captive European market. As leading scholars have pointed out, to understand the barbarism at Normandy one must learn about Standard Oil and British Petroleum?and the Rockefeller-Ford nexus.

Harper?s Magazine, June 1944:

?Our Canadian embedded reporter spends a year with the Waffen SS?why they fight and why we can?t do anything about them!

?The refugee Jews and how their intelligentsia diverted us from Japan?and are crafting a secret plan to turn Germany into a pastoral country.

?The werewolf movement to come!

NPR: Today we speak with Pierre Lang, a Normandy dairy farmer and once proud owner of four cows?until the morning of June 6.

Farmer Lang: ?The Germans? They never blew up my cows! No?only you did that. Look at the craters, the burned barn, the dead animals. Who are the real Nazis??

NPR: Perhaps you should ask Mr. Roosevelt that question, Mr. Lang.

The New York Times: The unfortunate slaughter of the last month and the present quagmire in the hedgerows are the unfortunate wages of a certain American arrogance? that we can always simply go where we wish, count on locals to admire us, and see the world in terms of black and white, of ?good? Americans and ?bad? Germans. As we saw last month, simplistic logic, leads to careless planning that in turn results in thousands of dead and wounded Americans on a stormy beach and the survivors huddled a few miles away in a hostile countryside that shows no desire to be ?liberated.?

• Realist
    Realist
    regarding D-Day and the following death of millions of people - would it not - for a rational standpoint - have been better to negotiate a peace treaty?
  • Corvin
    Corvin
    he wanted to exterminate all the Jews, nothing too serious

possible but not at all proven. the claim is founded on the tesimony of a single person who supposedly overheard the participants of the wannsee conference.

Realist, you should think about changing your member name to "hallucinator".

The claims seems to be more founded on the actual documented undertaking of exterminating all the Jews. That realistic fact goes a long way to support and corroborate the testimony of a single person who supposedly overheard the participants of the wannsee conference. HItler was bent on "expanding" the German empire and would stop at nothing. But you are right, Hussein did not seem to be so ambitious.

Corvin

• Realist
    Realist

corvin,

are you saying hitler wanted to conquer the world?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit