I need your help

by Veritas 68 Replies latest social relationships

• Veritas
    Veritas

I need to know if it's ok for me to convert and become a Jehovah's Witness to be with the love of my life. I would do anything for her and it seems right to me. I need to know what you think about this idea. If you agree with me converting, how would I do so. What steps do I have to take? I need your help.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

How fast can you run?

and Welcome to the board.

cj

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

*slaps himself in the forehead*

We'll dig up a couple of threads for you.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

If you are willig to give up the control over your own life, if you are prepared and okay with the fact that elders will find it perfectly okay to meddle into any subject of your life they seem fit ... by all means do so.

Being a JW, believing in it .. means you have no thought of your own, it means you do not control your thoughtprocess, it means you are brainwashed. The moment you start doubting, questioning ... you will be reprooved and eventualy disfellowshipped. Which means you loose contact with all your JW friends, and your marriage will suffer.

Don't. If she loves you, she will have to accept you for who you are. Don't change your entire personality, or pretent you changed it, so that she will marry you. At one point you will resent yourself for that, possibly even her. Just my 2 cents...

_

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Read Prgirl's thread on her experience:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/69807/1.ashx

• simplesally
    simplesally

There are several married persons here who are married to practicing JW's.........most of them are not happy. Even if you were to be happy now, if you decide you no longer want to be a JW well then, you will be very unhappy. People should never convert FOR someone else...we should make changes for ourselves.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Welcome to the Board.

You will be receiving a lot of advice to "Run for the hills"-Please take that advice and do not look back, lest you become a pillar of salt!

It is a tough situation you are in. If she is truly one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and you do become involved, you will have heartache ahead of you, as the organization will be her number one priority, you will be last. Please take the time to look at the other threads on here, and you will get an idea of what really goes on "Behind closed doors" in that organization. The news is not very pleasant. I wish you the best, and hope that you really research, and think things through....

• avishai
    avishai
    I need to know if it's ok for me to convert and become a Jehovah's Witness to be with the love of my life

It's fine if you want to be forced to reject your outside non-jw family, follow all of their rules or be shunned. And it's OK if you want to expose any future kids of yours to abuse, and not celebrate any holidays with them.

Got an extra 15 or so hours a week to blow? Well, if your even a half way decent witness, that's at least what your going to blow in meetings, going door to door, and studying for the meetings.

Wanna have any sex but missionary position with the love of your life?

Sorry, that's out too. What if you or your kids need a blood transfusion? Whoops, the love of your life will let you or them die first. They'res more. I would never expose my kids or future kids to the bull I grew up with, but your mileage may vary.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

simplesally said it well:

People should never convert FOR someone else...we should make changes for ourselves.

It's a life changing commotment you are thinking of making, and one where you would not be the centre of her universe, even if she is at yours. Many people make these sort of changes for other people, and it seems good for a while. But when the realisation sets in of everything that you have to change, you start to resent the person that you made changes for.

If you're not everything to her now, I'm sorry to say that you never will be!!

Just my opinion, for what it counts....

Bull!

• franklin J
    franklin J

veritas

welcome to the forum. As your avatar suggests "truth" in latin; you may want to examine the religion for truth prior to actually converting. It is not what it seems. sSick around this forum and see what damage it has done to so many; who actually "believed" it.

If you are truly in love with this girl, it is most likely that you do not care what faith she practices. That is a normal reaction by someone in love. You might be interested to realize that she has given you a conditional request for her love; namely that you convert to her religion.

I hope you realize that she will not accept you without the religion. You might want to think about that before you pursue the marriage.

good luck, be well, Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit