What Type Of Jehovah's Witness Were You, REALLY???

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Most JWs seem to be "devout" in that they go to 5 meetings and out in field service. Yet, many also lived double lives. Were YOU a true-blue JW or were you a faker? Were you always getting counseled or were you considered a "leader", an "example"?

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I was an "example". A die-hard believer. I trusted the organization and looked forward to "the light getting brighter". I was an elders wife and pioneer. I TRULY believed if I did everything "right" Jehovah would bless me. Any problems I had, I blamed on Satan.

Makes me sick to write the above , but thats how I was. I was so closed-minded. Any doubts I had, I brushed aside and had that "waiting" attitude.

• shera
    shera

Out of the 5 yrs I was involved,I was a goodie goodie for 2 to 3 yrs ,until I got outta there!

• happehanna
    happehanna

ditto Tashawaa....................

find it hard to believe what a gullible fool I was, but I am liberated now and enjoying every guilt free minute!!

• minimus
    minimus

The idealists, when they realize it, are the ones that, once they get out, stay out!!! I never looked at anything thru rose-colored glasses. That's why Gumby and I are "bastards", still.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I was an "example". A die-hard believer. I trusted the organization and looked forward to "the light getting brighter". I was an elders wife and pioneer. I TRULY believed if I did everything "right" Jehovah would bless me.

That was me too. We rarely missed meetings and were true believers. That's why it was so hard on us when it all crashed down.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was a die hard believer and full of zeal for about the first 10 years. After that I still believed in it but stopped caring. I wasn't really interested in living in a world filled with only JWs.

It's only been in the last year and a half that I realized it was all lies and made my exit.

Walter

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Most JWs seem to be "devout" in that they go to 5 meetings and out in field service. Yet, many also lived double lives. Were YOU a true-blue JW or were you a faker? Were you always getting counseled or were you considered a "leader", an "example"?

Well I was basicly all of the above at different times.

As a kid I lived the double life, I hated being different and being a JW.

As an adult for a period of years I really tried to be a good JW, mostly as an example for my kids. Went to all five meetings, field service, studied, gave talks and actually prayed a lot to Jehovah. Even though I went through the motions I can honestly say it wasn't truly in my heart and no I never got "counseled" I was one of those sisters who was an example in the congergation. With all my kids we were regular attenders and had the book study in my home for years.

But when it was over it was over, no more rose colored glasses for me.

Kate

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I was the kid smoking grass at 13 & driving around with a bottle of Jack Daniels in my car at 16. No wonder I left as soon as I turned 18.

• reboot
    reboot

I was one who did'nt feel I was acceptable enough.I tried so hard and used to berate myself for not being 'perfect'. I would study for the meetings and really look forward to new releases etc.I really wanted to be acceptable to God and thought this was the way I had to do it.

I went to as many meeting s as I could,putting up with abuse from unbelieving husband and struggling to keep three small children happy there...receiving verbal abuse from witnesses for taing them home when they were bored and fed up and being told I was wrong for not smacking them....

but and any opposition fro outside the cong. would make me more determined to be the kind of person whod be acceptable to jehovah....I would see things being said or done rongly in the congregation and feel really upset and confused by it.but it took me a long time to realise the elders were fallable like us all and that I was ok, really.

then I found Simons site and left after becoming very vocal to the elders to make up for lost time and lots of hurt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit