Justin's Mom saved by blood transfusion

by Esmeralda 12 Replies latest jw friends

• nojw86
    nojw86

Hi Essie, so very glad everything turned out OK , please keep us posted. Love to you. Nojw

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

Esmeralda,

I am so pleased to hear that Justin's Mum is slowly recovering.

Life is like a roller coaster in hospital isn't it? Some days things are going well so you feel sort of ok, then something else changes and you go down again. I understand completely what that does to you.

Good to know that Mum will be back home on Sunday.

Regards to everyone.

Enlighted UK

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the encouragement. We just got in the door from the airport, so much
    is spinning around in my mind but mostly I need sleep.

I found out that it took 23 pints of packed red cells, 7 packs of fresh frozen plasma and one pack of
    platelets to save my MIL. They had a blood drive at the hospital this weekend and believe me, if
    I was allowed to donate (folks with MS can't) I would have!!!

Lots to write about later on...will be trying to get everything up on the web about my family and how they
    'handled' the blood issue with my Dad (lets just say that if he had really needed any, he wouldn't
    be alive right now!)

Been a strange journey, I haven't stopped moving since the June 7th and after some sleep
    I am definitely going to have a lot to sort through. Justin's Mom is out of ICU now and will be in the
    hospital at least another week, but at least she is well on her way.

My Dad is still in ICU, they tried to clamp off his ventricular drain but it was too soon, it needed
    to be unclamped again :( Progress is so slow, but at least he's making some...

Justin and I truly appreciate all your support, thank you.

*hugs* to all
    Essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit