What sister elder said at the book study..........ARRRGH

by Pistoff 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• franklin J
    franklin J

ignorance breeds ignorance.....

what is so surprising to me is that this ignorance is BY CHOICE

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, it sure makes you pissed off, pistof!

My advice: walk away and find the road to freedom. Get outa there, mate! You'll feel so much better when you do.

Cheers, Ozzie

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Unfortunately, that doesn't surprise me one bit. I remember being like that. Everything negative about JW's was a lie on the part of the media that 'Satan was using to attack God's true people'. I remember when the Dateline article ran, and even though I had been inactive for a number of years, I still didn't believe it. (Although, in all fairness, Dateline does NOT have a reputation for professional, unbiased journalism. They tend to sensationalize everything!) I never even bothered to check it out, just assuming that it was either a fabrication by a pi**ed off ex-elder or simply the sensationalization of a case or two, thinking, 'well, that happens in all religions'. However, if this were truly the 'one' organization, that type of thing would not happen nor be tolerated. I've since opened my eyes to see what is really going on in the world. I think the big problem with those still deep in the 'truth' is that they are afraid to look because they are afraid of what they will find. You know they are not taught to think and analyze things critically, and being confronted with actual facts and data would totally blow their 'fragile little minds', to quote Cartman...lol.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

That is so stupid. I guess the 14 bros and sis's that died that day didn't have enough faith or something. What about the people who were hungover and called in sick that day? Was god protecting them too? Or all the guys who were at hotels having affairs w/ their secretaries? Sounds more like a coincidence to me.

Have you ever noticed though, that the brother's are so reticent about correcting people from the stage? Unless, of course, it's someone they don't like and then they make these little smug "We all know that was dumb" faces? Gee, I REALLY miss the meetings....

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Not only that! She missed the point of the question. What an uniformed and close minded woman. She doesnt know what happened. This makes my blood boil! I guess she thinks Geehover protects child abusers!

My advice: walk away and find the road to freedom. Get outa there, mate! You'll feel so much better when you do.

This is sound advice.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Makes one angry, agreed. But most of us belonged to that "class" at one time.

• yxl1
    yxl1

I guess its just a knee jerk reaction or a defensive thing. If they dont spout this crap, they'd probably just curl up in a foetal position and start quoting John 3 16 over and over again. Most of the time, they say these things without even engaging their brains. I dont get angry with them anymore,I just pity them.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    (Although, in all fairness, Dateline does NOT have a reputation for professional, unbiased journalism. They tend to sensationalize everything!)

This was certainly not the case with the "Sunday" program shown on Channel Nine in Australia. It's known for its sober reporting of events. However, the point about the dubs refusing to take notice holds true for most, but not all. Many have attributed their leaving to the airing of the "Sunday" program. Some are with us on JWD today.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

Pist- I've gotta know, was there any reaction at the book study? Did people seem embarrased, or uncomfortable?

My biggest problem with the B.S. (book study, hah, isn't that fitting) was that we were never allowed to ask real questions, or come up with real answers.

Unfortunately the answer that lady gave reminds me of a thousand I've heard before. Only its been so long since I was at a meeting, that I can't remember exactly what was said. It just rings familiar with me.

Sadly,

~Snapdragon

• gladtobefree
    gladtobefree

I have to say that in the case of Dateline, I worked with the producer Richard Greenburg for many months. I told him things that he could have used to REALLY nail the WTS and sensationalize the story. The Only problem was that I had no real proof of some of it. He would NOT USE ANYTHING I COULD NOT PROVE with some kind of documentation. He did use some of the info I gave him though and he talked to many, many people regarding Daniel Fitzwater Sr. He even flew to Yerrington Nevada to dig up court records and talk to some of the victims personally. This story was in the making for a long time. I had NO problem believing anything that was said on that show because I saw first hand the time and research involved for a part that ended up with just a few lines about Daniel Fitzwater, his picture and the copy of the letter belonging from the circuit overseer to the WTS stating that he knew of 17 girls that had accussed Dan of abuse.

I wish the JW's could know how true that news is......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit