Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

by Lady Lee 28 Replies latest jw friends

• reboot
    reboot

Thankyou Lady Lee. That's obe of the most concise lists ive read, not too painful to read but very accurate.

My memory of the scar on my foot was one that always bothered me. I had physical evidence for it but no idea how it got there. I still don't have the whole memory - no details yet. Just enough to know what caused it and how it was done and by whom.

Cant get out of italics now, sorry...:s .It was only last year that I recognised my ribs wernt symetrical and during councelling I recalled the end of the incedent that led to them being very badly broken ( but not attended to leading to malformation due to fusion) but not the actual act, just the result.Very odd, I'd rather not push for the rest too, it'll come when its ready.I always get upset about it in the summer as i want to wear a bikini but feel self concious so always wear swim suits.

Last year I was obsessed with finding my rapist as he'd been spotted by a friend of mine..but I couldnt find him although I tried for weeks...i'm glad I did'nt..but know it'll keep happening.I wish i knew how to stop that.

I still have a few lost pieces of that jigsaw and don't particularily want to know. I got very upset the day before yesterday as I had to drive my daughter to 'the village it happened in , I havnt been since that night 24 years ago and was physically sick as I drove away.I really thought I could do it.Guess im not as strong as I thought I was.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Time reboot Time

Somethings take time. Other things take work (((reboot)))

• talesin
    talesin

reboot

You're very strong. I am with you.

t

• Undaunted Danny
  • justhuman
    justhuman

I remember when I used to have some of the disorder mentioned above...It really takes time for someone to become a usual person after leaving totalitarian cults like the WT

• Watchtower-Free
  • RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

I miss you Lady Lee, how is life treating her, does anyone know how our bright star is doing? Lady Lee was always good with her kindness and a razor sharp wisdom to attack the Thugs of the Watchtower! May God Bless Ms Lady Lee, we all love you girl!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Never heard of this till a few weeks ago my therapist said I have signs of it

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

The New DSM manually is going to focus on how "high mind control groups" keep their membership in a constant state of anxious fear and once the members begin to feel peaceful they orchestrate a false sense that Jesus is going to destroy because they let their guard down (false Bible reasoning) or missed a meeting.

We were trying to remain sane in a group whose leaders know it's a lie but are afraid they might have to get a real job if they are exposed as hucksters, so more anxiety and pointing to fearful world events continues which is not what Jesus Christ said we must keep our eyes on!

They really believe it's better to be a nervous wreck having a heart attack on their Theocratic Treadmills than live as a Christian!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit