I don't date because I'm a Jehover's Witness

by Elsewhere 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

"I dont date because I'm an ugly woman who looks like a man and scares them away with my enormous man thighs"

• franklin J
    franklin J

..perhaps her success in the tennis community and brush with celebrity status will open her eyes...

• heathen
    heathen

It could also be one of those sexist double standards as well . Men are really supposed to be the spiritual pillars in the congregation where as women can persue other interests and put them first in their lives while getting no reprimand . I'm beginning to doubt the rumors that they are dubs , they just have too much ambition and have been seen waving the flag on tv of which a typical dub would be suspended , these people won't even stand for the national anthem ,they sound more to me like fence sitters when it comes to the religion . I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem finding men as I have seen plenty of way more ugly women finding a date .

• Mary
    Mary
    "I dont date because I'm an ugly woman who looks like a man and scares them away with my enormous man thighs"

LOL! You said it..........

I can't see the difference, can you see the difference?

alt

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I don't date because I'm a Jehover's Witness

I believe it. Being a Jehover's Witness automatically makes her undesirable to most normal people.

Walter

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"where as women can persue other interests and put them first in their lives while getting no reprimand . "

Uh-definitely NOT in my old congregation! I was reprimanded for all of my "sins" and my unbelieving husbands as well!!

• hybridous
    hybridous

Maybe I'm the only one to think this....

I believe the WT absolutely loves the Williams sisters. The society needs high-profile, successful people to at least claim to be JWs. It helps to negate the (accurate) perception that this is a cult. The Williams sisters lend public credibility to this thing.

That's why the WT will tolerate the flag-wrapping, and probably a whole lot more from these two - for the sake of the JW image. It's quite interesting to see how much these two can flout the typical dub lifestyle. I'd love to see the WT backed into a corner and have to do someting about the Williams girls. They'd be so reluctant to make any negative move. Venus and Serena do more for the WT public image than a thousand lawyers or spokesmen could.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

This will get me definitely in the dog house. These girls are SHINING...they are strong, up to date women with goals in mind. That's not WRONG. Imstead we all look to them as something to be shamed... because they are NOT living by the JW technology. We *want* them to be an example of a famous person living against the JW technology, and they don't kick them out. Why can't we look at them as ROLE MODELS? They are JW's and yet they have strong public personas and stll they buck the tide. These girls are STILL Jw's and still they do what they want, and still they aren't kicked out. We always talk about what they DON'T do, but what about what they DO DO? They still are in the religion, and they still having a good, rich, happy, famous, life... and still they are here.

CG

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO @ the mike tyson picture . That poor girl . Well I don't think we will seem them on the cover of WT and awake magazine so I don't know how the rumors got started anyway that they are dubs . The name jehovah is not exclusive to the WTBTS . I've heard some televangelists use it . You may also be right that the WTBTS would rather over look the issue for reasons of public image but WTF why not show the public your true colors?

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

I must say that as a African American woman Serena represents a strong black woman and carrying what the men call a very nice "ba dunka dunk booty" which they LOVE. I do question som of her clothing choices since I think I would have been called into the library for doing such.

Here is a better picture

A Nice Field Service Outfit LOL

PB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit