Time To Forgive The Prince Of Wales?

by Englishman 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Prefect
    Prefect

PRINCE OF WALES ?

He hardly ever comes to Wales.

• bebu
    bebu

Seems to me the only obstacle to his getting married is his kingship, unless someone (who?) changes the rules.

Is that guy still considered the head of the Church of England?? I would think that this position has got to be dumped, no matter what. It is laughable.

bebu

PS. Most Americans really appreciated Diana, faults and all. She didn't seem very spoiled to us.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Englishman....

As an American reading these posts I think the Royals provide some much needed comic relief for the UK---sort of like American Hollywood scandals without the celluloid.

....but I can also see that the British comment on this forum are merciless in their criticisms of the Royal family. My British American friends ( who recently traded in their British passports for American ones due to tax reasons) are very supportive of the royals.

I suspect that when Prince Wills chooses a wife, his grandmother will grant him the Kingship and bypass Charles. Charles can then marry the Bowles woman with no incident.

....echoes of Wallis and the Duke... at least Charle's woman is not a divorced American...that alone should bring some comfort to the British subjects.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    suspect that when Prince Wills chooses a wife, his grandmother will grant him the Kingship and bypass Charles. Charles can then marry the Bowles woman with no incident.

She can't do that. The only way that Charles would be bypassed is if he willingly abdicated the position as did Edward V111.. It's the law.

This is the line of succession at the moment. In real terms, only the top 4 or 5 have any relevance.

1. HRH The Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales (1948)
    2. HRH Prince William of Wales, eldest son of The Prince Charles (1982)
    3. HRH Prince Henry of Wales, younger son of The Prince Charles (1984)
    4. HRH The Prince Andrew, The Duke of York, second son of HM Queen Elizabeth II (1960)
    5. HRH Princess Beatrice of York, elder daughter of The Prince Andrew (1988)
    6. HRH Princess Eugenie of York, younger daughter of The Prince Andrew (1990)
    7. HRH The Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex, youngest son of HM Queen Elizabeth II (1964)
    8. Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten Windsor, daughter of HRH The Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex (2003)
    9. HRH The Princess Anne, The Princess Royal, only daughter of HM Queen Elizabeth II (1950)
    10. Peter Phillips, son of The Princess Anne (1977)
    11. Zara Phillips, daughter of The Princess Anne (1981)
    12. David Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley, son of The Princess Margaret (1961)
    13. The Honorable Charles Patrick Inigo Armstrong Jones (1999), son of David, Viscount Linley14. Margarita Elizabeth Alleyne Armstrong-Jones (2002), daughter of David, Viscount Linley
    15. Lady Sarah Chatto, daughter of The Princess Margaret (1964)
    16. Master Samuel Chatto (1996), son of Lady Sarah Chatto17. Master Arthur David Nathaniel Chatto (1999), son of Lady Sarah Chatto
    18. HRH Prince Richard, The (2nd) Duke of Gloucester,
    surviving son of HRH The Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, who was the 3rd son of HM King George V (1944)19. Alexander Windsor, Earl of Ulster (1974), son of Richard, Duke of Gloucester. Lady Davina Windsor (1977), daughter of Richard, Duke of Gloucester daughter of Richard, Duke of Gloucester22. HRH Prince Edward, Duke of Kent (1935), son of George, Duke of KentGeorge Windsor, The Earl of St. Andrews (excluded himself from succession by marrying a Roman Catholic)
    Edward Windsor, Baron Downpatrick (1988), son of George, Earl of St Andrews - excluded himself by becoming a Roman Catholic
    daughter of George, Earl of St Andrews daughter of George, Earl of St AndrewsLord Nicholas Windsor (1970), son of Edward, Duke of Kent (excluded himself by becoming a Roman Catholic)
    , daughter of Edward, Duke of Kent son of Lady Helen Taylor son of Lady Helen Taylor, daughter of Lady Helen TaylorPrince Michael of Kent, son of George, Duke of Kent (excluded himself from succession by marrying a Roman Catholic)
    son of Prince Michael of Kent, daughter of Prince Michael of Kent, daughter of George, duke of Kentson of Princess Alexandra, son of James Ogilvy, daughter of James Ogilvy, daughter of Princess Alexandra, son of Marina Ogilvy, daughter of Marina Ogilvy, son of Princess Victoria Alexandra Alice Mary & Sir Henry George Charles Lascelles, 6th earl of Harewood, son of George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood , son of David Lascelles, son of David Lascelles, son of George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood , son of James Lascelles , son of James Lascelles, daughter of James Lascelles , son of George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood, son of Jeremy Lascelles , daughter of Jeremy Lascelles , daughter of Jeremy Lascelles , son of the Hon. Gerald David Lascelles (brother of 7th Earl of Harewood)

Englishman.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Bug, They create far more wealth than they take. Think about it. London tourism revolves around the Royals. Plus, they employ loads of people.

That is something that never occured to me. Good point. If I should go to London I certainly want to see the changing if the guard.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    This is the line of succession at the moment. In real terms, only the top 4 or 5 have any relevance.

Oh really? Have you ever seen Kind Hearts and Coronets?

HRH Prince Richard, The (2nd) Duke of Gloucester, surviving son of HRH The Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, who was the 3rd son of HM King George V (1944)

Richard Duke of Gloucester? Sounds dangerous...

• mouthy
    mouthy

Englishman!!!! I bet you got top marks in History....Thaks for the info....I didnt know that (((HUG

• barry
    barry

Camila is a Roman Catholic so that would disqualify Charles if he were to marry her.

We in Australia had a vote here a couple of years ago on if we were going to become a republic or stay with the Monarcy and the vote was to stay with the Monarcy. God save the Queen.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    PS. Most Americans really appreciated Diana, faults and all. She didn't seem very spoiled to us.

Yes, Bebu, I have never heard anyone I know criticize her. I admire the lady for the kind person that she was inside. I read Fergy's book and learned of how both she and Di were treated.

As for Prince Charles marrying Diana when he really loved Camilla whom he didn't marry when he could have? It's all very sad how fast lives pass and how quickly they can be wasted.

Spoiled rich kid? Seems to me that Charles fits the bill completely. I think he's a major embarrassment to Great Britain.

He should marry Camilla if he wants. Should he be king? Should anybody be king? Does England really need a king? Isn't royalty just a die hard tradition anyway?

Flyin'

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What the hell has Prince Charles done that he needs our forgiveness?

Nothing more or less than commoners do. He's just held up to a higher standard, that's all. His tears are salty, and his crap is brown, too. Too bad people expect more of him than they expect of themselves. Such people are of course hypocrites to demand more of someone else than they demand of themselves.

Idiots will always be with us, Mike. We know this.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit