"Missed you at the Meeting"

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The reason why JWs do this is to show their fake love that they're supposed to have, and be "encouraging". I've had my share of the "we missed you at the meeting(s)" comments. After a while, when my meeting attendance went down my 50%, I had less and less people saying this to me. It almost seemed like they were getting tired of telling me they missed me. Then, when you haven't been to a meeting in a few months, you get people saying, "It's good to see you here!" They have no in-between statement to say.

When I quit going to meetings and I'd run into a JW, they would say "Remember all the good times we had out in service?" The elder I studied with called on me one day, and told me he loved me. Made me wanna puke.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

The 'Service Overseer's' wife invited to work with my out in the field service....that was the last place I wanted to be let alone attending meetings....I just said we'll see....I never showed, I was DF'd the next week....phew!!! No more hounding after that.

• dorothy
    dorothy

It is creepy to hear how many have been told that exact same phrase. Where did they learn it, some secret handbook? I get e-mails, texts messages, every time I miss a meeting. "Missed you at the meeting!" Sorry, I was just on my way out the door and one of those annoying JWs came calling.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    no you didnt--you never talk to me when I am there

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!, you brought back nightmares for me, my last statement to the elders before i left

I was preparing to move 2000 miles , Niagara Falls to Calgary, and the night before the elders called me and said they would like to talk to me (now I had been living with my girlfriend for over a year by this time), and I said "Why, you haven't talked to me in 5 years, so why start now."

thanks for the flashback

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit