Did You Know Any Bad JWs?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• violias
    violias

Yes Blondie is spot on.

A number of jws would/ should  be in jail  b/c of rape.  it was so common and brushed under the table.  Really most any crime that involved women or children was rampant in the org due to it being a Patriarchal and misogynist  org.

Of course there were always the jws with issues, weakness.  The ones with addictions and mental illness or who just came from a bad home, were very poor,  and had a bad upbringing.  Those were abundant and they were the ones that most often got DF'd b/c they'd feel so bad they'd confess.

The other liars and cheats were seldom  DF'd  b/c they were either elders or had friends in high places and were very accomplished liars.  

jws (    as do a number of religions)  attract a lot of people who could not fit in anywhere else a then sadly they  find they can't fit into the jws world either.  Got to be a good liar and well connected to be a good jws. .  

I also knew some very sincere people who tried as hard as they could to follow the rules. Most of them left the org eventually or if they stayed they turned into very sick jws. There are so many very ill jws , sick from stress disorders.

freemindfade

I agree with you

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Hell yeah, I have known many horrible witnesses. Backstabbing, lying, assholes. The living examples of the often quoted scripture in 2 Tim - in  particular ".....having no natural affection...."
  • zeb
    zeb
    What did i associate with all those years. good grief!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

TONS of them!!! As long as they kept up appearances, all was fine. If it was a blatant offence (the whole congregation knew) then they would DF or Public/private reproof. If they are in the in crowd or buddies with the right elders/CO's, they'd be back in toot sweet.

"Membership has its privileges".  

So glad we are out of this loving organization! LOL

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Us.  You'd be shocked how bad we are said to be now.

Doc

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My congregation had :

Brothers who cheated on their wives, divorced and never paid child support. The wives took them to court and still couldn't make them pay.

A brother who owned a business that was closed by the state due to multiple complaints from customers and his employees. He left real quick to Florida and started the same kind of business there. Five years later he returns back home.

An Elder who would lay his hands on his wife  (who never reported anything because of fear ).

A brother who went to rough up one of his workers who was stealing his equipment.

A brother who went to jail for selling drugs. He was still baptized and still going to the meetings when caught.

An brother ( who was owed money from a customer ) told me that if this customer didn't pay soon, he was going to burn his his lawn with gas. ( I don't think he ever did )

A brother who borrowed money from his father-in-law Elder and never paid in back. They never spoke to each other and the brother left to attend another congregation.

My cousin ( who loved expensive suits ) brought his new suit to the meeting because he had no time to go home. He left the expensive suit on the coat rack during the meeting. He forgot the suit at the Kingdom Hall overnight. The next day he shows up at the Kingdom Hall while another congregation was having their meeting and looks for his suit. It was gone. Someone took the suit.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

There was a bethelite that was arrested, I think it was in the mid 80's and made the TV news.  I believe he had a side gig somewhere and he was caught stealing. My mother refused to believe until she asked one of elders in her cong, and he confirmed it for her.

There was also a story about 15 years ago in Brooklyn or The Bronx that made the News when a sister had her husband set up to be killed as they stepped into the lobby of their apartment building.

• gda
    gda

All hypocrites

including my child molesting Father the elder. (that's biological Father) I should say

There were a few awesome, but just a few  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit