Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 wins top award at the Cannes film fest

by Realist 44 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist
    CANNES, France (Reuters) - U.S. director Michael Moore's ``Fahrenheit 9/11'' won the top award at the Cannes film festival Saturday.
    Thanking the jury headed by cult director Quentin Tarantino, Moore said: ``You will ensure that the American people will see this movie.'' Moore's win capped a politically charged festival, with documentaries and films reflecting troubled times and French show-business workers staging demonstrations and sit-ins to protest against cuts in their welfare benefits.

NICE!

• logansrun
    logansrun

I prophesy this will be a very controversial thread.

• Realist
    Realist

logan,

no way!

• patio34
    patio34

Now why would this be controversial?

A friend of mine says he's going to see it ten times just to help Moore out! It seems safe that it'll be well-attended in the US.

Pat

• rem
    rem

Help Moore out? He's already a millionare... does your friend care to send a few bucks my way? Sheesh.

rem

• rem
    rem

For the record, I'll probably see the movie even though I'll feel sick at lining the pockets of that jerk... just like I did when I went to see The Passion. I'm a sucker for controversial films! :)

I wish someone would make a mocumentary about Moore and the making of his "documentaries".

rem

• Realist
    Realist

rem,

from what i read in the european press this docu is really good.

• berten
    berten

Michael Moore gets too much in his own way to make good documentaries,but they are entertaining.

If he would only move himself *out* of the picture and let the subject speak for itself like his colleague Frederick Wiseman does.

But then I guess he would be just as obscure...

• Golf
    Golf

Simon has dibs on this topic.

Guest 77

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ah, the leftists applauding themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit