What did the JW cult teach me:

by PinTail 11 Replies latest jw friends

• PinTail
    PinTail

Gods name, his hope for mankind upon the earth, to learn he hears me when I pray and that I don't need someone else to do it for me, That Jesus truly did redeem me from my sins, That there is honestly hope for my dead sister and father, and that the only true justice comes from Jehovah, he will repay.

Shane,

• minimus
    minimus

Sorry, but teaching you that God's name is JEHOVAH is really incorrect of them. Besides, if you really believe in the Bible, you should know that your hope is heavenly, not earthly.And that your mediator is Jesus Christ because you are of the anointed and you will see your loved ones in heaven.

• Undecided
    Undecided

The JWs taught me that religion is a game of the imagination, nothing comes true in this life. As far as the future goes, it still is a game for our imagination, nothing is provable. We can only hope and if we think deeply it seems a slim chance that there is any thing after this life.

Ken P.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hmmmmm, are you suggesting that the cultic "hope" peddled by the WTBTS is unique, and therefore sole-sourced through their magazines? Here is another Christian description of hope.

http://www.gospelcom.net/ihs/greenapple/hope.shtml

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It taught me to be a LOT MORE CAUTIOUS, and a LOT LESS TRUSTING!!!

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

It taught me that there are alot more cults that ruin people's lives just as bad as the WTS.

• Ciara
    Ciara

They taught me that people are very gullible and can be made to believe anything. They also taught me that if I don't want to be misled I have to make sure that I educate myself. Most people involved with the witnesses get decieved because they are just plain lazy. It's easier to sit back and let someone else do the studying and just tell you what the bible says. But you run the risk of getting seriously distorted information. Now I do all my own study and research. I rely on my own god given-intelligence to figure out what He's saying to me.

Ciara

• avengers
    avengers

They really taught me good.
    I never knew what hate was until I saw the inner workings of the Watchtower.
    Jehovah is One Screwed Up God.
    The Watchtower perfectly aligns with Him.
    The Governing Body made the name Jehovah a stench for the nations,
    Get out while you can still think.

Andy of the superdissappointed in the "slave" class.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Pintail.....welcome as a newcomer.

I don't want to sound too argumentive, but you might want to look at the things you mentioned in a different way.

Gods name. Would it surprise you to know that christendom uses that name all the time? Their songbooks are full of songs with his name. Most all christians I have ever known, know of the name Jehovah and that it is god.

his hope for mankind upon the earth . Most of the christian faiths I am familiar with believe in a reign on the earth for a thousand years with christ and his church. The only difference with the witnesses in this instance is only the great crowd will live there with Jesus in heaven ruling over it. Do you think god should kill all of christendom if they are misunderstood on this? What if the witnesses are wrong, should god kill them if they were misguided?

to learn he hears me when I pray and that I don't need someone else to do it for me. All of christendom believes this too. You can bet that every christian you will talk to prays to god privately. Why not ask them yourself.

That Jesus truly did redeem me from my sins. Actually the witnesses do not teach this. If your sins were redeemed, you would not have to redeem yourself from dying at armageddon contingent on your obeidience. Do you know what redeem means? Look up redeem, compare what you need to do according to the witness belief to attain salvation at armageddon as pointed out in the watchtower, then see if the two match. See if you are redeemed Now.......or later on AFTER you are obiedient through Armaggedon, the end of the thousand year reign, then being obeidient AFTER even the 1000 years. See if you are ever REALLY redeemed.

That there is honestly hope for my dead sister and father. Christians also have hope for the dead.

and that the only true justice comes from Jehovah, he will repay. Actually you said Jehovah will bring future justice when the Society and even christendom realise that Jesus is gods appointed ruler and HE will bring justice on his own accord. His dad turned things over to him....remember. Jesus knows how to met out justice without sitting there waiting for his dad to give him orders. Kings don't take orders....they give them.

I say all of this from a biblical perspective and not my own. You will find you have been led to believe your faith is special and that others faiths are meaningless which is an additude the pharisees had toward others besides themselves. I hope you stick around to learn some new things.

Gumby

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

U

N

J E S U S

A

V

E

D

Share this

Google+