The strange case of my JW mom

by logansrun 26 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The man in black with the white beard said:

The only thing the same was the water bucket. I?m loyal to a water bucket!!! ... Where's the water bucket?

That was a very thoughtful post! I'm going to reread it.

• Mary
    Mary

My father is the same way. After the 1995 change in the generation issue, he no longer believes that he'll live to see Armageddon. He also gets pissed off when they say dumb things at the assemblies like "...every word that comes from this platform comes from the mind of Jehovah". What really infuriated him (and others his age) is when the DO got up there and actually said "...Brothers, if you knew 50 years ago that Armageddon wouldn't be here by now, would you do things differently? Well you shouldn't feel that way brothers." Asshole. I guess several old-timers grouped together afterwards to discuss it and said "...what are they trying to do? Drive everyone away from the Truth?" Of course they would have done things differently.....they would have bought homes, paid into pension plans, saved money for retirement.

With all this in mind, my father still believes this is The Truth. I think he doesn't want to believe that he devoted 60 years of his life to a religion that doesn't have "the Truth"...........too difficult to deal with emotionally at his age. On the plus side, he treats my DF'd sister no different than he does the rest of us. He absolutely will not shun one of his kids. Also, he never goes out in Service anymore, and misses 3/4 of the meetings.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mary I feel so sorry for your Dad.

He probably feels after being so long in the "lie" that if he leaves now ....Ameggedon will come.

I remember a talk one time when they said" Satan is just waiting for YOU to come away from the Ark !!!"

So they feel if they leave NOW- that is when it will come & after all the years we sweated, worked,knocked on doors, missed out in pensions,etc,etc They had better stay...

What kind of a GOD would do this to his kids???? THEIRS!!!! Not mine!!! Jesus said.He died for us to LIVE!!!!!!!! I do!!!with a clear conscience no more lie's from the WT.

Loved your call today.... Looking forward to meeting you (((((((HUG)))))

• Room 215
    Room 215

Logansrun, Oscar: I say God bless your moms; if the WTBTS has any hopes of survival, it needs more, not less people like tham (and Mary's dad). Cognitive dissonance or not, I for one applaud that the JWs have not totally stamped all traces of liberalism, common sense and tolerance.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm glad Logansrun's mom is thinking outside the box. And I agree with Euph, it is easier for someone younger who hasn't invested so much time with the Borg to be able to leave. I was like Mary's dad and Logansrun's mother for about 5 years thinking I could be "in" but mentally be "out.". But the sh*t kept hitting the fan and I could not longer ignore what I was seeing and hearing, so I left. There will come a time it may be too uncomfortable any more to stay.

Eventually, us frogs have to realize the water is getting hot and jump out of the pot.

Blondie

• logansrun
    logansrun

Before everyone starts thinking my mom is more liberal than she is, let me tell you she does NOT like the fact that I go to sites like this. She's going to FLIP OUT when she finds out I'm going to Dallas. Oh well....

B.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Do you need to tell her??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit