What to do about wife and elders

by Crazyguy 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It seams like every time I turn around I find out that the elders are trying to meet with one of my kids or are talking with them about things and of course my wife is instigating it. If I say anything to my children she mentions something and they come running. One of the MS's is also studying with them as well. Oldest boy being effected is 13. Of courses this is always done in private I'm not supposed to know..What to do??? Please advise..

Just a side note I'm neither DA'd or DF'd but don't go to meetings. I think they view me as an apostate that they have not caught yet..

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

No apologies for being blunt. Man up and put your bloody foot down! 

Your status takes a distant second place to your children's future. 

No?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Pull the "spiritual head" card. No man or organization may take your place when it comes to your child's spirituality. You are in charge and they may not usurp your wishes. Put your foot down. Then study the "Commentary on the Book of James" with them. Good principles and easy on the 1914 crap. There, I said it. Lol. Good luck.
  • hoser
    hoser

I say the same. Study with your kids. That way you control the content. 

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Use the WTBTS's doctrines against them.  You are the spiritual head of your family.  The elders and all JWs are not to be left alone with your children.  If they (or your wife) ask why, ask them for proof that the JWs have passed a criminal backgroud check and then show them news clippings where JWs were convicted of child sexual abuse.

Best of wishes for helping your wife and children to critically think for themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    No apologies for being blunt. Man up and put your bloody foot down! 
    Your status takes a distant second place to your children's future. 
    Easy to say, I know, but if I had kids then I would focus on them having a normal life and not worry about being DF'ed or shunned as much.  I have to agree.  Get them out of that JW life you are letting them get into.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Wasanelder, didn't Ray Franz write commentary on the book of James?? 
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I know what you guys are saying but there's a fine line that has to be walked. If I go to far I'm DF'd and loose my family, If I DA because this cult sucks then again I may loose family and again the kids are told at the hall not to listen to me. So its easy to just say man up, but if played wrong I look like and evil jerk that has lost my family. So I get what your saying but.?

It should also be said that I no longer believe in the bible as the word of god. 

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I hear you crazy guy!

Just remember, you are the father in your family. No one can change that. Show that you are the best father, and husband. 

Do not allow anyone to poison the view of you....show that you are the nice, fun, reasonable, kind, positive one...not a harsh, critical, judgemental, or over righteous person....as witnesses are!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm not unsympathetic Crazyguy, I remember feeling just like you; (Feeling desperate)

However, once the scales had fallen and I recognised the cult for what it was no one could've taken my children into a Kingdom Hall without getting past me first.

Yes, I've managed a successful fade and I hope you do too but there was always a price I would never have paid for that fade.

Think about it and PM me if you ever want to.

Good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit