The god of the bible doesn't care and here's some proof.

by Crazyguy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Around 600 AD a man named Muhammed created a book called the Quran. A few hundred years later the followers of this new religion called Islam went on a holy crusade out of Arabia to spread their religion. In one key battle they were met by the ruling government army and were out numbered at least by 3 to 1. They could of easily lost and if god would of made sure of this most likely thier religion would of stayed an insagnificant religion of just Arabia. But because they won this key battle today 2 billion plus people are Muslims and view Jesus as just a minor prophet and not their messiah.

I think this is a great illustration one could use to show the god of the bible either doesn't exist or doesn't care.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Except the qoran does call Christ a messiah and states he was a death equal to Adam just like the bible does. It also states emphatically that the bible should be taken as inspire word and everything the qoran says is meant to be taken with the bible as a confirmation of it. 

So, I would submit that the issue isn't the qoran, but rather how it's been twisted and interpreted- same as the bible.

consider for example how the western world responded to the Ottoman Empire. When the Muslims were on their crusade, they didn't harm the citizens of the countries they took over unless those people attacked - at which point they defended themselves. the only people they killed are those who attacked them like soldiers. If they could take them captive they did, at which point they accepted Islam or died. 

Now compare that to the crusades headed up by the Catholic Church. They not only beat the Ottoman Empire back the the Middle East, but they invaded their towns, especially Jerusalem, and killed every man woman and child they came across. They had no mercy at all. The blood running in the courtyard of the temple area is recorded to have been ankle deep when the crusaders were finally done, with body parts piled up on street corners. 

The Ottoman Empire showed far more mercy, and would never have killed innocents arbitrarily like the church army did (or, ironically, as Isis or alqueda do today).

personally, I think the crusaders were far more barbaric and terrible than the ottoman army was. 

Source, this book: http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Templars/Piers-Paul-Read/9780312555382?id=6223161565069

which i I no longer have because someone borrowed and never returned.

• emilynghiem
    emilynghiem

Mohammad also taught there is no compulsion in religion and to respect

God's natural laws on fair government and democratic principles, similar

to how Christians are taught to respect civil authority and respect for gentiles under natural laws.

Here is a website for Muslims who believe in practicing their faith alongside

Christians and Constitutionalists and not the way Jihadists do who worship Jihad instead of God:

http://www.muslims4liberty.org/

Mohammad taught to receive and respect all sent by God,

to love all people of the Book, Jews Christians and Muslims under God's laws.

So following Christian scripture correctly would make Jews and Muslims

another denomination of Christianity similar to Messianic Jews who receive Christ.

I agree with the poster above who points out the PROBLEM is how Jesus is taught or not taught,

similar to Jews who report they were never taught the full meaning and message of Jesus in the Bible.

As for God not caring, if we care for our neighbors with God's love,

then this love is received and shared.

It is when WE don't care for our neighbors but judge and reject them and cut them off,

then other people do this to us because that's all they see around them. Material love and rewards.

We are called to LOVE and forgive one another

as Jesus Christ loves us, so that is all inclusive and unconditional as God's love.

In time, this love will transform our neighbors who are exposed to it when we embrace each other and sharing the loving grace and healing transformation in Christ Jesus.

God's love grace and salvation is ALWAYS present, but it is up to US to forgive and remove barriers by asking help in Christ, in order to receive and share this love in fellowship with neighbors.

So everyone can see the Kingdom of God among us.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Crazyguy: "2 billion plus people are Muslims and view Jesus as just a minor prophet and not their messiah"

Not quite a minor prophet. Muslims believe that God sent out three great prophets. They were Moses, Jesus and Mohammed. Of course they believe that Mohammed supersedes the first two but Jesus role is not quite a minor one. They actually believe Jesus will return to Earth in the last days and join hands with a Muslim messiah by the name of Mahdi to defeat an evil anti-Christ like person.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Ok i know Muhammed copied many of the writings of the bible because he wanted to be a jew and they rejected him, but i have never read that the Muslims viewed jesus  as the Messiah. Ill have to research this..
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Technically he didn't copy anything. He didn't read or write. Muhammed was illiterate. Also i didn't say that the Muslims believe he was the messiah, but that the Quran calls him such. Like I said above, as with much of Christianity, Muslims don't really actually listen to what the Quran says. At least not so far as I have seen.

The Quran chapter 3 verse 45: "The Angels said, "Mary, God gives you news of a Word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, who will be held in honour in this world and the next, who will be one of those brought near to God."

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Crazyguy: "...i have never read that the Muslims viewed jesus  as the Messiah. Ill have to research this.."

No, Muslims do not consider Jesus to be a messiah. They just have a role for him to play in their eschatological writings. 

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Well Ok I read that they feel he is not gods son but do mention him as a messiah. Not sure at this point what they really believe but could not the illustration at my first post still be relevant if worded differently?
  • kaik
    kaik
    So many historical mistakes Jonathan Drake. Crusades were originally called by Greek Emperor to fight Sultanate of Rum which they lost to it at the battle of Manzikert (1071), and they had problem to recapture the their territory back. Constantinople appealed to help to the West, which just recently was officially split between Catholic and Orthodox churches (1054). I Crusades war born. It not against the Ottoman empire as it did not exist as the state entity. Initial success boosted moral and several crusades were waged to either preserve or increase the size of the knight kingdoms in Levant. For the next 200 years, Crusades fought Byzantine Empire (1204), Ayyubids in Egypt, Suljuks in Syria, and so on. When Ottoman empire emerged from consolidation of territories in the Little Asia around 1300, Crusades were in history.  Do not mix with Crusades against Ottomans who were invading Balkans in 15th century. Ottomans took large part of Europe until they were defeated in 1683 at Vienna. Ottomans depopulated large part of Hungary, Romania, and chunk of Poland during that time. In Czech Republic more than 100,000 were taken into the slavery in 1666. Countless cities from England to France to Italy were plundered by Ottomans and their population sold to slavery.  Ottoman Empire was extremely cruel and one of the largest massacres in Central Europe before WWII occurred due Ottomans. Widespread slaughter of POW outside Vienna is one of them.
  • R. Jerome Harris
    R. Jerome Harris

There is no "God of the Bible." There is only "God." The Most High. The Creator of the heavens and the earth. 

I never did like the expression "God of the Bible" because it makes it appear as if a book - The Bible - is the authority and The One and Only God is hemmed up and imprisoned in a book that men compiled and thoroughly screwed up.

The Most High God is Spirit and NOT within ANYTHING devised by man: His religious organizations or his so-called holy books or portrayals of him as a man (a White man) in art, film and literature.

Thus, God the invisible Spirit can only be accessed and communicated by the things NOT devised by man: Prayer.

Our worship of Him can only be by Spirit and Truth. Not via the confines religious organizations or through books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit