Governing Blunders - Part 1

by hillary_step 85 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

I thought I would start a weekly column of WTS inanity, inanity serious enough to have affected peoples perceptions and negatively changed their lives.

One famous WTS myth that I have heard uttered more times a Minimus question is that ?Women feel while men think?, did you ever wonder where the WTS dug that thought up from? Apparently from an unamed woman psychologist and the famous department of ?many authorities? that the WTS frequently relies on.

*** w62 8/1 463 Role of Wife and Children in a Happy Family ***

4 Further, many authorities recognize the subservient role of the wife and the helpful position she can occupy toward her husband. Notice what one woman psychologist said recently: "I am a woman, hence my chief interest is men. And because I am also a psychologist, my interest in men is greater than it otherwise would be. Recently the National Management Association asked me to do some research on the different psychological factors of both men and women. It hoped that what I learned might point to ways of reducing the pressures which develop when men and women work together. I saw emerge these two truths: 1. All women like to work under a ceiling of authority. In short, they like to be bossed. 2. All women must feel that they are needed. These truths arise from the fact that, basically, women feel while men think. Women frequently measure up to men and surpass them in intelligence, but they are handicapped by the weight of emotional drag. Men have more practical minds; they can judge, organize, direct. Thus the supervision of women by men seems to be nature?s plan, however desperately women may fight it." What this authority refers to as nature?s plan we recognize as God?s purpose. How wholesome an arrangement it is and how well it works for happy family circles!

Brilliant stuff. Now, we must remind all lurkers that though written in 1963 many of the editors and writers of such tripe as quoted above are still alive and well and writing Watchtowers today, having oversight of such ?flashes of light? from God.

Watch this space next week, you never know what might turn up.

Best regards - HS

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Now, we must remind all lurkers that though written in 1963 many of the editors and writers of such tripe as quoted above are still alive and well and writing Watchtowers today, having oversight of such ?flashes of light? from God.

Thanks for the laff, HS! Probably that psychologist just "felt" her way thru college, which is why she came up with such "brilliant" conclusions, eh?

Frannie B

• Mary
    Mary

I can't remember which Watchtower it was in, but I think in the 1950s they said "....man will never be able to reach the moon", or something to that effect.

• shotgun
    shotgun

The WT is almost correct on that one Hillary.

Men think about feeling women all the time!

• shamus
    shamus

Good gawd.... can you believe how stupid that sounds??????? OMG, what the hell were they thinking?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Notice what one woman psychologist said recently: "I am a woman, hence my chief interest is men. And because I am also a psychologist, my interest in men is greater than it otherwise would be

A ship named Titanic ... a blimp named Hindenberg ...

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

wow ....That's all i've got to say to that

• yxl1
    yxl1

Thats very funny, but a little sad. Got me to wondering how many young witness girls lives were ruined because of that one paragraph.

*sigh*

• EyeDrEvil
    EyeDrEvil

Women frequently measure up to men and surpass them in intelligence, but they are handicapped by the weight of emotional drag.

handicapped by the weight of emotional drag ----- such as reading this crapola and trying to make it fit in their lives, and wondering what is wrong with them, since they realize it is a pile of s*^t!

eyedrevil ---- damn, how do i turn off this friggin highlight function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Seven
    Seven
    How wholesome an arrangement it is and how well it works for happy family circles!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit