Ray Franz

by oscar 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie
    Most witnesses have never read it.How do they know about it??

surfing on the net

having a Bible student mention it to them

hearing about it from another JWw who had a Bible Student tell them

having someone at the door mention it to them

having a non-JW relative mention it

I have to admit that while I knew Ray Franz had been asked to leave Bethel, I didn't know why until an article in Time.

http://www.geocities.com/newlight_2/RayFranzArticle.html

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Maybe it was the name of the man rather than the title of the book. Many Witnesses who have been around for a while know about Ray Franz, even if they don't know his book(s).

I read COC and ISOCF when they first came out. I suppose they have been revised by now. At the time, I appreciated the insightful information, but the books offered me nowhere else to go. So I didn't go anywhere.

But if one must deal with the devil (the Society), it is good to know just who and what the devil is.

• oscar
    oscar

It still gets to me how the society uses the rank and file by not allowing them to search into these books and work on these poor peoples conciense by telling them that they are sinning against the holy spirit half these poor people don't know where to turn because the world is off limits and having to start over is hard.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Blondie,

Thank you, That is the kind of article that could be sent to JW relatives and friends...without them being able to hang an 'Apostate literature' sign on, it's TIME magzine after all.

Also, My CoC paper-back is waiting for me at Barnes & Nobles. They had to order it, it took about 2 weeks...and was only $13.95.

Chills down my spine...an inside man...can't wait.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

While I was an active witness when I read CoC while attending the meetings! * yes, no lightening ever came down!* I did have it under a bible cover I bought from Walmart, but I couldn't put the book down. I had for years wanted to read Ray's books but didn't have the courage.

I recommend any JW read it. If the JW's have the truth? then what are they afraid of by reading it?

Then go on to In Search of Christian Freedom. Ray has written in those 2 books his answers to a lot of questions people have for him.

Joy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit