April 1st, 2004 Watchtower

by sandy 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• little witch
    little witch

Watchtower Inc is appealing the unfavorable court decision in Russia to the European Human Rights Commission. This article will undoubtedly be used to show how harmless and neutral they are.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

No, I didn't read the article, but what I did do was I cut out the pictures of the beast and the #666 and put it in my room. It now accompanies the street signs, concert ticket stubs, paintings I made at the mental ward, and the picture of the clubbed baby seal I have on my wall.

It's an odd scene.

• searcher
    searcher

Someone posted on this board (over a year ago Ibelieve) that we would see the org moving toward mainstream, are we seeing that now?

• heathen
    heathen

I think littlewitch got it right . It's all a ploy to sway public opinion in their favor . I think it's very strange how they just up and changed their stand on so much doctrine that was beat over the RF head for so long .

blondie --- I also notice that it is the lamb beast that forces the mark of the beast on peoples and nations .

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sandy this is the only comment I made to the elders about that WT

the April 1 st WT dealing with 666. They say here that some have had fanciful and contrived ideas in the past that 666 was the Roman Papacy or a Roman emperor. The truth is those fanciful ideas were in fact ours. If you read the Finished Mystery you would know that.

Sandy the WT is pile of rubbish

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS has always presented 2 types of articles, though even more so now, ones for public consumption to lure them into a bible study and they after they are baptized or in so deep they can't get out easily, they start the hardcore stuff about the destruction of all the governments and everyone other than JWs.

The WTS has always been good at talking out of both sides of their mouth and getting better now that the Legal Department is gaining more control. Imagine, now Legal has to look over the articles/books not to make sure they are scriptural but that they won't generate legal cases.

Blondie

• little witch
    little witch

Blondie, so true....This particular article though seems pointed directly to "leaders and rulers". Very political and very vague....I say it goes to favorable opinions on the European Human Rights Issue.

• observador
    observador
    the April 1 st WT dealing with 666. They say here that some have had fanciful and contrived ideas in the past that 666 was the Roman Papacy or a Roman emperor. The truth is those fanciful ideas were in fact ours. If you read the Finished Mystery you would know that.

Shotgun, the above is very interesting.

It reminds me of another interesting case on the Watchtower mag of Jan 1, 1986 (portuguese edition), which says that "some have suggested" that the count of horsemen of Revelation were 5, not 4, when in fact was the GB themselves who had taught this all along.

WT dishonest at its best indeed.

Observador.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

It is also very interesting that they bring up the human rights issue in reference to governments, considering that is/was their NGO affiliation with the UN. It makes you wonder how close their ties still are to the UN...

I can't believe that JW's can read this stuff and not be wondering what is going on. Any witness that has been around for a while surely has to question this new teaching.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Why the old teach was just slightly as stupid. For me I like them slowly getting less stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit