'now I'll show you how an Italian dies,'"

by English Patient 32 Replies latest jw friends

• English Patient
    English Patient

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3628977.stm

The Italian hostage killed by kidnappers in Iraq was a defiant "hero" in his final moments, Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini says.

The dead man was identified as Fabrizio Quattrocchi, 36, a security guard.

As the gunman's pistol was pointing at him the hostage "tried to take off his hood and shouted: 'now I'll show you how an Italian dies,'" he said.

Meanwhile, three Japanese hostages held in Iraq have been released, the government in Tokyo has confirmed.

The Arabic TV station Al-Jazeera has broadcast images of the three, who it said had been handed over safe and well to Muslim clerics.

Japan is investigating reports that two more of its citizens - freelance journalists - have been abducted.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

He was very brave. May the killing stop.

Nina

• English Patient
    English Patient

And may they do the right thing and pull the troops out., let them deal with the mess they have created for themselves

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

And so speaks the rashness of youth...

Fabrizio had balls. I'll say that for him. RIP.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Sad.............the article says that the Italians didn't even particpate in the war..........they are there now to assist in the reconstruction. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. I am not saying that it would be right to kidnap Americans or others who sent in conquering liberating troops, it would just be more understandable.

• Simon
    Simon

English Patient / Hamas

You are not welcome here so piss off.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    And may they do the right thing and pull the troops out., let them deal with the mess they have created for themselves

That would be absolutely ridiculous. Let's reward terrorism.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I say fck the entire middle east... everyone pull out and no one have anything to do with that crazy backward part of the world. Let them all fight and kill each other off until they get it out of their system... then the rest of the world will contact them again.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeru

I wouldn't bother even responding to Hamas. He's already shown on more than one occassion what an immature racist little prick of an ass-wipe he is. Not worth the bother.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

See, we can agree.

I'll even go so far as to concede that you are right, and I was wrong to respond to him.

Mikey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit