They're everywhere!

by Octavia 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Octavia
    Octavia

I just found out that the woman in the cube next to me is a witness. I came in from my break and she was reading a Watchtower! I said "Are you a witness?" She just looked at me and said "Yes". Not "Why do you ask?", or "Are you familiar with the witnesses?" (I used to ask all of those questions.) I didn't tell her that I'm d/f'd, or that I spend lots of time on an apostate discussion forum in the cube right next to her... I figure what she doesn't know won't hurt her, but I guess it could hurt her and her children. Anyway, what a "small world".

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

They put girls in cubes????!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They also put Prince Albert in a Can!

• gumby
    gumby
    I figure what she doesn't know won't hurt her, but I guess it could hurt her and her children.

I tried that with a dub once.....not letting him know I was a witness at first. Then.....it's hard not to tell them as it's too hard not to "know too much". You might tell her 'you know of the religion and that it just wasn't for you'. Perhaps you may be able to apostasize the cubewoman.

Gumby

• nowisee
    nowisee

yes, hopefully you will be a good influence on her.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I wouldn't tell her.. it isn't any of her business and you dont' deserved the shun treatment from a stranger at work..

• Celtic
    Celtic

Good morning Octy.

Celty

• codeblue
    codeblue

Hi Octavia:

Yes, they are everywhere!!!...and like Sassy said: they don't deserve your answers...lol Take good care of yourself...unless ya want to have a study or regular field service calls!!!

Codeblue

• Roddy
    Roddy

I recommend you not say you are DFed nor that you know alot about the JWs. Otherwise she'll instantly have an attitude with you which you don't need from a coworker.

• Octavia
    Octavia

Hi Celty... I'll get that e-mail done one of these days.

Anyone know Celty's favorite desert? I agree with all of you; I don't see any reason to tell her that I was in any way affiliated with the witnesses; it would be much too akward for everyone in the office.

Thanks everyone for sharing this little bit of weirdness with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit