Privileges, are they really?

by JH 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

From the smallest to the biggest task in the organization, they will call it a privilege. Cleaning the toilet, passing the microphone, saying a prayer in public and so on.

Did you consider each task they gave you to be a privilege?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Saying a congregation prayer and also taking a field service group I considered privileges -- I also considered Instruction Talks/Bible Highlights/Public Talks etc. privileges - holding a microphone no

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Priviledges, are they really?

Of course they are not. But the WTS has to say stuff like that. If they were honest enough to tell the truth it would have to be something like,

"Would you like the opportunity to slave your ass off for us, spend your time and money for our benefit, give up huge chunks of your private time for us, be treated like dogs by us and not get a single bit of credit for it, Brother Smith?"

"Uh, no Brother Jones. I don't think so."

"Well, it is a PRIVILEGE to be able to do this, Brother Smith."

"Ok, then. Since it's a privilege for me to get to do this, I'll do it."

Farkel

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

There were basic versions of "privileges."

1. Privileges for MALES: including; running mikes, leading prayers, giving talks directly to the congregation, serving, coordiating pre-sevice meetings/discussing the text; being appointed and serving as ministerial servants; being appointed and serving as elders.

2. Privileges for FEMALES: cleaning KH toilets, vacuuming, dusting, scouring, wiping the interior of KH, preparing meals for "special meetings".

Yes, each an everyone a "privilege." A chance to serve and please Jehover. He veiws no task as to small or humiliating to not qualify to register on his please-o-meter.

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

While I don't think that serving the WT is a priviledge, helping your fellow man, even by doing menial tasks is a priviledge.

Watch the movie Ghandi, its good

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

" you know brothers you have the privilege of holding the microphones. a stranger couldnt walk in from the street and hold the microphones you are special"

Is what one bro said during a talk. Really what person would want to come in from the street and hold and pass microphones?

• Quotes
    Quotes

Well, someone off the streat could hold the mic, they just aren't addle-minded enough to do it.

I almost forgot I sometimes had the privlege of opening the bookstudy with prayer. Oh man, I hated that. Fortunately I had a predicatble prayer routine, learned from years of listening to my father. I practilly went through a mental checklist each time (both public and private). So much for "not saying the same things when you pray".

To answer the question, in Dub-World I thought it was a privlege; now I realize I was free labour for a crappy book publishing corporation.

• minimus
    minimus

is "priviledges" the correct spelling?

• JH
    JH

hehe oooops

No dessert for me.

• Farkel
    Farkel

minimus,

: is "priviledges" the correct spelling?

No, it is not. The correct spelling is "f-r-e-e l-a-b-o-r."

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit