My Thoughts.......

by Sunspot 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

CAMEO!!!

I'm sorry......I missed your post the first time around for some reason! Thanks for the four-star rating, LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• kls
    kls

You have made excellent points that are all so true,but the typical cult mind does not believe it. The poor children that suffer because the org. tell's it's followers that it is a lie . As my jw husband say's,,,, these things are to happen against Jehovah's people so we will become stronger and the bible tell's us that we will be lied about and persecuted,so we must stand strong. BARF

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

When they showed the Dateline show..my JW MIL wanted to see it since I had copied it.

I waited until a convenient time to bring it up and asked her what she thought.

Her only response was to say to her JW son..(Not me)..if he knew any JW pedophiles?..and then she commented..she didn't either..so that seemed to settle that!..

Since they didn't claim to know any..the case was closed and the story was a fraud!

But I can remember back when I first started studying. She made sure I got every copy of life magazine that was about the Catholic church..and how the nuns were secretly having babies by the priests and they would abort them and bury them in the courtyards.

And yet..one sentence was all she could manage about JW's doing something just as bad if not more dispicable.

Golden Girl..aka..Snoozy

• Carmel
    Carmel

...a few doctrins right?... My understanding is that the dead tree does not bare fruit...ie I would wonder if any of its "doctrins" hold water...

caveman

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**You have made excellent points that are all so true,but the typical cult mind does not believe it.**

Hi Kls,

Sometimes I feel as though I'm pounding my head against the wall, thinking the same thing! But then I stop and remember........that when *I* found the old "h2o" discussion board *I* was a loyal JW at that time, and began to see the posts of exJws that in the end "enlightened" ME!

Some of the posters on here were THERE back then, and as upset and angry as I used to be at what they said....it began to appear like that old saying, "where there's smoke there's fire" so I checked out what they were saying and "tada" here I am today!

I guess it's all right back to the "sowing seeds of truth" analogy......and somewhere, somehow, SOMEONE will "get it" and another WTS slave will bite the dust! LOL!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit