Our "creed" as "Apostates".........

by Sunnygal41 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

All I can say is...............Viva La Difference!!!!

To be nobody but yourself in a (JW) world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.

- e.e. cummings

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

In good old Christian tradition, I can't let that pass without arguing about it. Maybe there will be a council in a couple of hundred years, to agree on it, and further arguements for the next couple of millenia...

To be nobody but yourself in a (JW) world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.

To be somebody and yourself in an (exJW) world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.

Besides, what do you expect from a guy called "Cummings"?

Viva La Difference, indeed!!!!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

DEFINE: APOSTATE; It's defined in an ordinary dictionary as," A devout believer turned destroyer "

I don't know about yah'll,but that is exactly what I am. www.DannyHaszard.com

The Watchtower's loaded language cult lingo definition is as follows,: 'Someone who has left the "truth" and because of "maddening envy" hates his former brothers'.

Give me a break man,I'am not envious of them, I just want my money back.....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This brings back a family argument sparked by last Sundays Watcthtower study , warning against the evil apostates. It said among other things that apostates "Draw away the disciples away after themselves"

The argument line was somthing like, What is your teaching then? What do your friends on the internet say is the answer? What are you following now?"

It is as though they cannot comprehenf the diversity of us as individuals . There is no "Apostate organisation" of the Evil Slave. Why should we have a doctrine, creed or philosophy? All we are is individuals of very different beliefs , united only in having been hurt by the Borg. There is no "Alternative Org " . Perhaps an institutionalised mind cannot think that way

All I got was slap with a rolled up Watchtower

• Gopher
    Gopher

The WTS, as usual, confuses the issue with regard to apostates.

First they say that apostates "draw away disciples after themselves", as though ex-JW's have a certain disciple-making mission, a certain discipline that they want JW's to follow.

Then they say that apostates "don't give you anywhere better to go-- all they want you to do is leave the JW organization". So they tacitly admit that the apostates really aren't organized into a group.

So which is it?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Why should we have a doctrine, creed or philosophy?

BB, sorry, perhaps "creed" wasn't the best word of choice...............just wanted to give the thread a label and couldn't at that point come up with anything better...........I just loved the sentiments that Cummings shared and wanted to in turn, share it with my friends here on the forum of ex-JW's that was formed by Simon for those who come together for mutual encouragement and healing. And, LT, I personally don't feel shoved into a "mold" here on JWD. Quite the opposite, I can be myself totally here, whether it's talking about my issues with the Borg or a fluff thread about nipple color. The fact that we all have a similar background with the Borg and the issues that come with it do give us a common ground. And, please note how I put the words creed and apostates in quote marks............

Terri

• Valis
    Valis

drink more beer! spread the good brews of the kegdom!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sunny:
    I know - I was just adapting it to add extra "striving after achievement"

Besides, I enjoyed the nipple colour thread, too

(Sorry for killing your thread - it's a worthy one, IMHO)

• ese
    ese

so deep - i hope i am posting here 5 years from now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit