All About The Trinity

by UnDisfellowshipped 287 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    WHOEVER the "Jezebel" is

I guess the discussion on your behalf, has elevated to this kind of reasoning.

• Tyre
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thanks for posting that Tyre! Good info!

Here's a link to one Encyclopedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Ellderwho said:

If we in the flesh can decide upon when we want to act on Gods calling, knowing all the while their is no good in any of us, means that we are responsible for a hand in our salvation which ultimately brings us to a works salvation and not by grace.

I will let the Bible explain itself: John 6:28-29: Then they said to Him, "What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?" Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."

1st John 3:23: And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Ellderwho,

Let us look once more at the full context of the Revelation verses about "Jezebel":

Revelation 2:18-23: "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Jesus is obviously speaking about a woman who was living right then -- who was alive and was inside that church, whom the church was allowing to remain in good standing, and who was teaching and seducing Christians to sin in that church.

Notice that Jesus said that this woman "calls [not "called"] herself a prophetess" (present-tense), which obviously shows that she was living at the time Jesus spoke those words.

Jesus then says that He gave her time to repent, but SHE REFUSED to repent.

Jesus was leading her to repent, but she rejected Him! Just like the Jews rejected The Holy Spirit at Acts 7:51-53.

• UnDisfellowshipped
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Bump to the top

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Wow this is one helluva thread!! Thanks for bumping it Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit