Price of gas....

by Atilla 23 Replies latest social current

• Atilla
    Atilla

The price of gasoline sure is getting high, in my area it is about $1.65, I guess not too bad compared to other areas. I'm not too worried because my Camry gets pretty good gas mileage and I don't usually have to commute too far.

However, I think this summer it may reach over $2 in many areas. I just wonder how this will affect summer aux. Pioneer numbers? I know many Regular Pioneers already have most of their time in by June or July but I'm hoping the price of gasoline may mute enthusaism for summer Aux. pioneering, fingers crossed. However, I know I never was ahead when I was regular pioneering, I was still struggling in August to get my hours in, uh-what a waste.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I recently got a car (in January) , after not driving for about 13 years. And you would know that gasoline only now has to rocket sky high! Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I'm also in Pennsylvania and the lowest I've seen it for in my area is $1.71

Devon

• donkey
    donkey

yeppers...but we just have to suck it up, hey?

here's the latest govt stats:

• Atilla
    Atilla

Yeah, I think it sucks for everyone here in the states, especially for the poorer who will be most affected. However, it may be what's best in the long run if it gets us thinking about more fuel efficient, environment friendlier cars and alternative fuel resources like solar energy. The transition won't be painless though. I think some form of solar energy will ultimately win out, bar none, the sun in the most abundant resource we have here on earth.

• Joysome
    Joysome

I got gas for $1.56 yesterday. I was quite happy about that.....I miss the .99 cent a goallon days.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Last time I filled up it was $5.40/gall.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Its over $2 a gallon here. Cost over $50 to fill up. Glad I don't commute to work!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

In Ontario, the price is hovering at about $0.80 per litre, which works out to $2.36 in US dollars for a US gallon. So we are already past that.

I't be interesting to know what they are paying for Petrol in GB

I'll guess they'll just have to concentrate their work in malls and senior citizens homes

• fedolox
    fedolox

I guess $4,50/Gallon here is not really cheap ... right?! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit