Iraq's Booming Economy

by Crazy151drinker 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Just a quick link to an article in USA Today.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=676&e=5&u=/usatoday/20040329/ts_usatoday/iraqeconomyshakesofftheshacklesofsaddam

For the lazy ones out there (which includes me) Iraq's economy is booming!

So do the ends justify the means? I say yes.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I clicked on it, and got the document not found thingy.

SS

• Valis
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Capitalism wants to be free

SS

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The hypocrisy of Muslims amazes me sometimes... they are constantly railing on the west about "decadent" lifestyles... but then they pride themselves on having a lawless economy where nearly anything goes.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Please, make enough money so you can secure your country and our soldiers can go home. We have bigger fish to fry now.

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

booming in comparison to the times of the embargo... not exactly an achievement of the "US liberation".

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Valis,

Thanks for posting the story showing how unreliable the UN is and that the UN...or at least members and and member states...were DEEP in bed with Saddam...Sure wish I could find the original story.

Realist,

you're correct, obviously it was the US Fault that Saddam and the UN stole 10 BILLION dollars...during an embargo first imposed by the US? No by your wonderful UN, and then circumvented by that same vaunted organization...this is all the doings of the dastardly US.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

i have no idea where you get the illusion from that i have sympathies for the UN.

regardless of how you view it the fact that the economy is doing better now (if it does) is due to the lift on the embargo (which was of course put on iraq by the US).

• City Fan
    City Fan

Realist,

I think it's pretty obvious that what you said is correct. The economy must be doing better now because there are no sanctions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit