Beware the voice of strangers...

by flower 21 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Flower Curious. Did you click on the audio link and listen to it. It is hilarious and spooky all at the same time. I think the speaker was really in love with his own voice?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It's funny... they will apply the rule of testing truth to an angel... but NOT to themselves!

If an Angel says a lie... then the JWs are instructed to ignore him.

If the WTS says a lie... then the JWs are to "wait on Jehover to resolve the problem". They are also told that "an error in the organization is better than truth in the world".

• lollydawdle
    lollydawdle

Excellent point, Rick!I might be able to use that point in my witnessing to them about Jesus!

• mouthy
    mouthy

GOOd to e- you here Lolly!!!

• lollydawdle
    lollydawdle

Thank you, Darling Mouthy. I should be doing school work, but this is more fun!

• rocketman
    rocketman
    It's funny... they will apply the rule of testing truth to an angel... but NOT to themselves!

Very true.

And the thing is, we all know, and they all know, that the "angel" test will never happen. Thus, the real question is, why do jws accept everything that comes from the "organization" without challenge or debate?

• kes152
    kes152

>>He said: "Most truly I say to you, he that does not enter the sheep through the door but climbs up some other place, that one is a thief and a plunderer. But he that enters through the door is shepherd of the sheep.<<

Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; NO ONE can come to the Father except through me." (John 14:6). This means anyone who does not go to him, but climbs up some other place (going to the organization, another church, the 'faithful and discreet slave,' or Jehovah himself) is a THIEF and a plunderer. He that goes through the door, or through the Christ is 'shepherd of the sheep.' He continues:

>>The doorkeeper opens to this one, and the sheep listens to his voice, and he calls his own sheep BY NAME and leads them out. When he has got all his own out, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. A stranger they will by no means follow but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers." (John 10:1-5)<<

No one has gone through the Door except the door himself, the Christ. Therefore, he has shown himself to be the TRUE shepherd who shepherds the sheep. The door keeper opens to him and the sheep listens to the voice of the Christ. Notice a "stranger" the sheep will by no means follow but they will flee from him. Why is it that "all people" have not fled from the "strangers" in the earth? After having washed the feet of the disciples, Jesus said , "He that has bathed does not need to have more than his feet washed, but is wholly clean. And you men are clean, but not all." .. "I am not talking about all of you, I know the ones I have chosen." (John 13:10, 18) Those who are chosen do not follow the voice of strangers. When they hear that voice coming from the 'earthly organization' or anyone on earth; they flee. The rest "remain" and are "puzzeled" by the departure of these ones and begin to speak abusively OF them, slandering them as 'apostates' and 'disorderly ones' (1 Peter 4:4).

>>Therefore, Jesus said again, "Most truly I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All those who have come in place of me are thieves and plunderers; but the sheep have not listened to them.<<

When the organization came into the earth and claimed to be 'the truth' and resembled a 'lamb,' those who heard the Spirit and fled (2 Corinthians 6:17, 18), knew them to be thieves and plunderers. And such they did. They plundered the partaking of the bread and wine, commanding others to not partake and executing those who had the calling and continued to partake despite the "requirements" of the organization, they plundered the truth to the earth and took all focus off the Christ and put it upon themselves and Jehovah directly, and they demanded 'association' with them in order to have 'salvation,' thus condemning the rest (Matthew 23:13; Luke 18:9).

>>I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved, and he will go in and out and find pasturage. The thief does not come unless it is to steal and slay and destroy. I have come that they may have LIFE and might have it in abundance.<<

Those who 'know' this stopped associating with the organization because they 'heard' that the only door is the Christ. Further, they realized that they cannot receive the truth "through the organization." They have to enter in through the door themselves. So, instead of relying on the organization, they have individually entered in through the door and have found pasturage. upon entering that door, they found the One who stood before them came, so that they all could have life... and have it in ABUNDANCE. The "others" who claimed to come from Christ, were there to keep the 'flock' in their hands from going in through the door so that they would continue to suffer at the hands of men (Ezekiel 34:1-24).

>>I am the fine shepherd; the fine shepherd surrenders his soul in behalf of the sheep. The hired man, who is no shepherd and to whom the sheep do not belong as his OWN, beholds the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them, and scatters them, because he is a hired man and does not CARE for the sheep. <<

Those who claim to be "appointed" or "hired" by the Christ [as a faithful and discreet slave] to shepherd the sheep are "hired men." It is because the sheep to not belong to the hired men as their OWN sheep personally, that when they behold the wolf coming, they abandon the sheep and flee. The Christ came and gave his life for the sheep. The hired men surrenders the life of the sheep for his life. He abandons the sheep to the wolf and the wolf snatches the sheep and scatters them. This is why we are not to rely upon the 'spiritual care' of MEN and rely upon the Christ (Jeremiah 17:5; Psalms 146:3).

>>I am the fine shepherd, and I know my sheep and my sheep know me, and just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I surrender my soul in behalf of the sheep." (John 10:7-15)<<

He knows the sheep as he knows the Father. He loves the sheep so much that he is willing to surrender his life for each one of them. He would give anything to save the life of his sheep; even to his own death. He loves the sheep and the sheep love him, so he surrenders his soul in behalf of the sheep. So, according to Christ, listening to any other voice that is not his voice is listening to the voice of strangers. That is why his sheep do not obey the organization, theirs is the voice of a hired man/stranger.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

So sad that grown men and women who must realize on at least on some level, that life in this world isn't so black and white as their condescending, infantilizing spiritual leaders would have them believe, and that maybe just maybe people who become disillusioned with JWism aren't completely crazy, yet year after year they swallow this garbage. How can they take it? Maybe I overestimate people.

For me, I got to where I couldn't compartmentalize my religious life and my outside life any more, and it was talks like this that got me there.

• flower
    flower
    Flower Curious. Did you click on the audio link and listen to it. It is hilarious and spooky all at the same time. I think the speaker was really in love with his own voice?

LOL No actually I didnt. I dont think I could bear to listen to it ...its hard enough reading it, but I can definately imagine sitting at the Vet (RIP) nodding off whilst attempting to take notes.... I. Apostates are evil A. Satan uses them to try to get me to turn away from Jehover B. Could be anyone in the 'world'. 1. Aunt Agnes? 2. Bus driver? 3. Nice boy in gym class? C. I should only talk to other Jehovers II. Media is bad A. Reporters who want to make it big write bad things about Jehover B. Media is good only when they dont talk about Jehovers LOL ..this is how I actually took notes by the way lol. except meaningless, irrelevant scriptures would have been noted by each point. lol flower

• boa
    boa

voice of strangers or strange voices, its all the same schmozzel to me.

can't wait for something BIG to happen to shake up this org but i also can't wait so I won't thats why my family and I are OUT.

can't believe it took so long to figure it all out, then after all the hard work was done, i found this website, coc and everything else and it was a big WHEW, glad that former bs is OVER!

boa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit