Hello

by Garrett 50 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Garrett ,

You are one of the lucky ones to wake up to TTATT at such a young age .You have the rest of your life to live without being manipulated by a few men in Brooklyn .

Take care.

smiddy

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome Garrett,

Well it's good that you have no family as witnesses. I strongly recommend you read the books and websites some of the others have recommended.

Reading this material will help you understand you're not alone in thinking the way you do. Many others see what you see, but there is more you don't see yet that will help you.

Glad to see you're not going back now.

Take care

Kate xx

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

All those saying he shouldn't DA but fade, are we assuming he has family in he?   

Anyway Garrett, if you DA, just expect never to really be able to talk to those who are in again. If you don't have family in or anybody you care to keep in contact with, then by all means DA or just don't show up again. 

• Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten

Hi Garrett...welcome!  Easiest thing to do is nothing. Since you recently moved, if you haven't really become part of the new congregation just stop going.  If questioned by anyone, let them know of you're depression and tell them you are working on it.  Most likely that will be the end of it.

You said your family are not JW's, so if possible try reconnecting with them. Fortunately,you are young and can now live your life free from the repression and control that ruins lives. Many of us here only got out after many wasted decades, and are stuck living a lie to keep friends and family.  So use your new found freedom to live your life to the fullest.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The first thing a person has to do when the shit hits the fan is to turn off the fan.

You've done that by stepping away from the meetings. 

Becoming your natural self......... being who you are or finding out who you are will be the next step. This forum will help plus sharing your point of view will be a lot more fun and a whole lot saner.

• clarity
    clarity

Hello Garret brilliant job finding us here on jwn!  Congratulations.

"Have any of you had this happen to you?" 

I think you have your answer young man and plse use it to free yourself from all that negative thinking wt pushes into your young brain.

Start today to recoup your lost family & friends ......one step at a time.

There is no panic ...armageddon is not coming!  You have a fabulous life right now, get busy with it!  Don't waste another minute thinking about wt.

Sending a big hug to you and wishing you the very best.....

clarity   

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Good for you mate,  waking up so early.  Wish I had. 

You'll go far! 

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Hey bro , im new here too. Just got df'd last weekend, and it was like the proverbial; ton of bricks ... I can totally think for myself....its great..   Much luck to you.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have no family in, great.  Just remove all their power over you and walk away.  You can block phone numbers and/or let them go to voicemail.  You can say "No thanks" to the occasional elder that slips through on your phone or gets in your face.

If they still persist, you can disassociate simply by writing "I am no longer a Jehovah's Witness" and sign and date it.  Do that right in the face of the elder that gets in your face.  

Put this all behind and go enjoy your life.  You are certainly welcome to hang around this forum for as long as you want, or forever if you have residual effects from your JW experience (like I do) or you are also welcome to put it all entirely behind you and move on and have a great life with the normal "worldly" people out there.  Enjoy.  

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome mate! (from Australia)

All of what everyone said before me...

Plus I would add:

Just remember that no one (group of men in Brooklyn / elders in a cong) has the right to control how you feel. Only you have that right.

It is up to you as to how much control you allow them in your life!

Enjoy being young and in a new country without family ties in the org!

Find an enjoyable pursuit...make new friends....and NEVER look back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit