Send a great big G'day to an aussie visitor who needs sympathy right now

by ozziepost 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Right now there's a friend who needs a friend in Sydney.

You've all 'been there' and can help him thru' it.

What do you say to someone who knows in his head that the borg just isn't right, yet was brought up "in the Troof" and so knows nothing else.

Then the borg's inhumane judicial procedures can cause unspeakable mental anguish and emotional disturbance. Yet at this time there's simply no-one to turn to - a recipe for disaster.

So....would you give some words of reassurance to our new friend? Tell him what it's like to be free of the borg. What helped you to get your feet back on the ground.

And, mate, if you're reading this: see you Thursday!

Cheers, Ozzie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

G'day mate!!!

Hang in there - it get's better, as time goes on and the pieces fall together.

I was a third generation JW, an Elder, and being groomed for CO work.
    I can't say that facing "truth" was easy, but a couple of years later I'm still here and enjoying life.
    I'd much rather have gone through that than remain in a lie.

Take care!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks for sharing LT!

Our friend in Sydney is a guy Mrs Ozzie and I have known for many years, since he was a youngster, and it's sad to see him hurting so. We know we all have to go through it, but it's still hard.

We know too there's blue skies ahead. Yes, there really is!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Maverick
    Maverick

I'd like to help but I need a little more feedback on this! Sympathy is expensive and in short supply right now with me on the JWD. From what I've been reading most of the people here want to wallow in their misery and not pick themselves up and get healed. Can't force people to get better. They have to want it! I wish you peace, Maverick And I hope you are feeling better!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not someone 'on' JWD, Maverick, but just a lonely lurker....get the picture?

• Maya
    Maya

Hi Aussie Friend!!

You are NOT alone. As someone who was raised in the "truth", with an Elder dad and pioneer mom, I understand all too well the horrors of this organization. I have been a victim of the "judicial process" ( I'm not df'd) and as bad as mine was, my beautiful younger sister's was much worse. I despise them with every fiber of my being and have only in the last couple of weeks begun to let go of the fear, guilt, and shame the org. puts upon its members. And that is because I found this board and other sites that have enabled me to put my emotions aside and enabled me to see the duplicity, deceit, and TRUE colors of the WTBTS.

Please remember to be true to yourself. That is so important. And know that there are people who are more than willing to help you through this most difficult time. Lean on them, let them help, and you will begin to heal quickly, just as I have.

Stay strong.

Maya

• smack
    smack

G'day mate. Hope they aren't too hard on you. Ya know, if they are being too hard on you, or picking on you for some grey area misdemeanor, then you can lie as part of your theocratic self preservation.

remember, they are barely human some of them.

My advice is to go and share a good bottle of red with the Post family.

Steve

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome mate from Canada.... Hang in there . it isnt easy getting the "tangles" out of you're mind, but continue on with prayer to the Creator of the heaven & Earth, > My experience has been >He will allow the TRUTH!!! the real TRUTH to come in!!!!

The men at the watch Tower are just that >MEN!!!! Deut 18:20-22 Tells us not to be afraid of them....

Your FREE if you COME free! your choice (((HUG))

• smack
    smack

and a hug back at granny. Haven't been here much and miss you :)

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Then the borg's inhumane judicial procedures can cause unspeakable mental anguish and emotional disturbance

The realization it isn't the truth causes the same anguish and emotional disturbance. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Time does help to heal you. Sounds very cliche, but it is true.

You do find many new friends..............it's our nature to meet and surround ourselves with people, so don't feel you will be so alone. There are lots of Mom's and Dad's and grandmas like Grace (Mouthy), who have all been where you are, and they are just itching to take you under their wing. We are all here for each other, for love and support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit