A funny thing happened at the book store

by OrangeBlossom 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Cautious
    Cautious

Its no wonder you are so paranoid OrangeBlossom, its hard to hide in a small place. When I was in the borg we were living in places small enough to feel the eyes of the critical on you at all times. I remember once, when I was on the edge of leaving the borg, I caught a bus and a few stops later a "sister" jumped on. I was so paranoid about her knowing even the general area of where I was living that I got off the bus before my stop and walked in the opposite direction of my home until the bus was out of site.

I live in a bigger place now - anonymity is a wonderful thing.

Cautious

• patio34
    patio34

Hi OrangeBlossom,

The world is full of irony, huh?

Recently, I had just attended my first birthday party at work and towards the end of the day, who stops by my desk AT WORK but an elder and brother headed off to Bethel. They didn't work there, but were hired on contract to do some electrical work!

Was I amazed--and glad the birthday party was over . . .

I also had on my desk a book about self-euthanasia (just out of curiousity). But they didn't see it.

Within a 24-hr period, I ran into SIX jws. Man!

Pat

• JAVA
    JAVA

Life as a Jehovah's Witness is like living during the times of the Salem Witch Trials of 1692. It's difficult believing in 2001 that adults need to hide books from slaves of a publishing firm that sells books! Indeed, Jehovah's Witnesses live in a strange world.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit