Working For Masons?

by Valis 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis

What would you say if a loyal dub was to go to work for an organization run by masons? Say for instance a hospital? Do you think this would cause certain ethical probs or no?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• little witch
    little witch

Ethical problems if you are a fundamentalist, yes.

Masons run unimpeded in mainline christianity, in fact it is honored service.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I was told once that I couldn't work for the YMCA and hold any position and that it may end up being a 'judicial matter' if I took the job.

So I would think so.

Rev

• little witch
    little witch

Can't have jw's parading around as concerned citezens and humanitarians after all.

• Valis
    Valis

Let's just say I reminded this person to get a cool ring and learn all the secret handshakes!...*LOL* This person was also suprised to learn that me first child was sponsored by a Mason to go there for treatment as a baby.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• little witch
    little witch

Masons are usually christian church going members of society who give a great deal of time to worthy causes including burn units and childrens hospitals.

They tend to do such works apart from their church lives and thus do so at controversy (how dare they do good works without affiliating with a named god)!

This pisses off some and is a source of controvercy and suspicion. I guess you would just have to "be there" to appreciate the goodness.

Masons devote themselves wholeheartedly to helping. The suspicion and innuendo is just that.

Funny how those who criticize are the ones who stand back and do nothing.

• sf
    sf

Val,

Are you referring to Shriners?

If it weren't for them, I'd be dead (inside).

sKally

• Valis
    Valis

skallywag...ya the Shriners..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

A friend of mine had a son that was taken in by the Shriners hospital in Dallas and there have been several children from the Amarillo area who ended up in their burn unit. They were treated at no cost to the family and the Shriners were not worried about the ethnic background of the children. So, if you have a few extra bucks, a donation to one of their hospitals will benefit children, a donation to the Watchtower Society will benefit -- the WTS.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

The JW's are against anything interfaith. The Masons are an interfaith group in that people of any religious denomination are welcome. A simple proclamation of a belief in a supreme being is all that is required to be a member. Even if you cannot give an answer as to what form/name/existence that divine is you can still be a Mason.

I joined the masons for their charitable work. I have found no reason to feel negatively about being a mason.

Uzzah - who is basically agnostic but was still welcomed as a Mason

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit